Sign in to follow this  
garywatt

New to PMDG, Graphics Issue

Hello

Just recently purchased the PMDG 777 (Base pack only) along with 777 Immersion add on.

Have a bit of a graphics issue. Sometimes, when switching views (wing internal etc) I get no aircraft showing on the external view. Scenery is there but no aircraft. I can pan etc but just shows scenery.

I've a high spec machine and all sliders at max.

Any advice what this could be?

Best regards

Gary Watt

Gary, I assume you mean that from the SPOT view, for example, the aircraft is not where it should be. This is odd. It is not unusual to see just a skeleton or partial rendering of the aircraft but to have it dissappear completing is very interesting.  My first guess is '777 Immersion.'  to be fair I have no idea what this is or what it is supposed to do but see if it is part of your problem by removing it.  Second guess is depends on if the aircraft eventually pops into view or renders partially or not; this might be related to fsx.cfg or display settings but a 'high spec' machine should beable to idle on high settings.  Maybe let FSX rebuild your fsx.cfg and add the recommended lines to it per PMDG Introduction such as HIGHMEM settings.

Please keep us posted on your troubleshooting progress.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan

Thanks for the response.

It happened before I added Immersion. No skeleton at all, just missing aircraft from spot view. Usually leave the screen for about 10 seconds but still does not show.

I'll do what you suggest. I'll remove Immersion and have a play around. Failing that I will follow your instructions about the fsx.cfg and HIGHMEM setting.

Best regards

Gary Watt

Aberdeen, Scotland.

Thanks Mike

Will try that too.

Did have a quick flight earlier this afternoon and there were no issues. Maybe the flight was not long enough through.

I'll update.

Best regards

Gary Watt

Aberdeen, Scotland.

Hi, Gary,

HIMEMFIX is essential to the T7 setup, as are all the setup instructions in the introductory manual. Many of the suggested settings affect displays. It would be best for you to follow them very closely before any further troubleshooting.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike

Thanks for responding.

Setup instructions have been followed but just need some time flying to see how it performs.

Best regards

Gary Watt

Aberdeen, Scotland.

Setup instructions have been followed but just need some time flying to see how it performs.

Hi, Gary,

Sorry if I sounded a little brusk.  When you wrote:

Failing that I will follow your instructions about the fsx.cfg and HIGHMEM setting.

I thought you were viewing the PMDG install instructions as optional, which they really are not.  I don't really know what shaders are but before I started messing with that I would make sure all the installation instructions have been followed.

Thanks,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2