Sign in to follow this  
Adel4777

What is the differance between DX10 Shader Fixers V3.2.3 and DX10 Scenery Fixer

I just want to understand the differance between the following

SteveFX - DX10 Scenery Fixer (payware)

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2630

and the (Freeware) on the Avsim library DX10 Shader Fixers V3.2.3

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=DX10+shader&CatID=root

I've installed the freeware from Avsim library and it worke great after lowering the water effects to Mid 2X because I am an ATI user 290

is the freeware enough to get the real DX10 fix? or should I purchase the payware in order to get the full DX10 fix?

There is available a comprehensive description from the freeware and payware DX10 fixer including necessary DX10 related tweaks. The payware DX10 scenery fixer manual is also included, where all improvements are described in detail, see here:  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88271-DX10-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-a-new-home! 

Wulf

The payware version I believe is the further development of the freeware- it contains many improvements, additional fixes, that really make FSX complete and useable in DX10. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Please help! I am standing by if whether I purchase the payware or just stay with the freeware. 

Please help! I am standing by if whether I purchase the payware or just stay with the freeware. 

I can tell you only my experience, as I started ~2 years ago with the freeware DX10 fixer and then converted to Steve´s payware DX10 fixer. The improvements from freeware to payware version are

- easy installation

- easy clickable options and sliders which are necessary due to individual wishes.

No complications as per fixer-default already elementary settings checked

- most of legacy aircraft fully visible

- many addon airport sceneries are well displayed, ORBX terrain&airports anyway

- reduced visibility under fog conditions well controlled and authentic

- managing shadows in airplane VC

- Continuous fixer upgrades (current internal fixer dev version 66)

I think there are lot of more improvements not mentioned above....

What do I still miss: A DX10 onepager/flyer with most important explanations for installation and handling for beginners....maybe there is one, but I didn´t find.

I have never regret to go fwd with DX10.

Wulf

I can tell you only my experience, as I started ~2 years ago with the freeware DX10 fixer and then converted to Steve´s payware DX10 fixer. The improvements from freeware to payware version are

- easy installation

- easy clickable options and sliders which are necessary due to individual wishes.

No complications as per fixer-default already elementary settings checked

- most of legacy aircraft fully visible

- many addon airport sceneries are well displayed, ORBX terrain&airports anyway

- reduced visibility under fog conditions well controlled and authentic

- managing shadows in airplane VC

- Continuous fixer upgrades (current internal fixer dev version 66)

I think there are lot of more improvements not mentioned above....

What do I still miss: A DX10 onepager/flyer with most important explanations for installation and handling for beginners....maybe there is one, but I didn´t find.

I have never regret to go fwd with DX10.

Wulf

thanks for the information, so yo suggest me to go the freeware? 

no, I listed the improvements going from freeware to payware. I recommend the payware fixer.

That's great!!

Ok so, once I purchased the payware can I install it while the the free one still there? 

or I will need to uninstall the freeware first? 

You need to uninstall the freeware shader at first.

The shadersHLSL file in the main FSX root folder should be changed to the original stock one.

If you do not have made in the past a copy from the stock shadersHLSL file you´ll find it under 

"DX10 Fixer "How-to" Guide: Related Files"   here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88271-DX10-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-a-new-home!

Please read the installation manual instructions at first.

Reinstall stock shaders.  As you will be spending some money on the payware version, do yourself a big favor and go through the manual slowly and carefully.  It will take you 45 minutes but once you are done you will have a really nice looking sim.  You can also download the "How To" document but make sure you use the suggested settings in the Fixer manual as a priority over what is in the How To document as this document is out of date.  I think you will really like the results of your sim.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000