Sign in to follow this  
mayday2233

active runway in voxatc

Hi all,

First of all, Voxatc is a great software and i am very happy with it.

However i was wondering how voxatc reads the afcads. when i use voxatc , most of the time there is only one active runway for both takeoff and landing (example kden flightbeam : only 35R in use with wind at 010/04)

i ran the voxatc indexer and ut2bridge after each new scenery installation ( sliders in ut2 and fsx traffic at 0).

with the same weather at kden flightbeam , if i don't use voxatc and set traffic via ut2 i have traffic on four runways 34L/34R/35L/35R.

So is there a way to have more active runway with voxatc?

Just follow up info:

Less than 5 Kts = calm

I see that also only one rwy ..

In another forum topic I was told I could select a different runway ... by pressing the zero "0" key. That works well.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

One thing I liked about PRO-ATC x, is that u had a idea about the active runway before reaching the destination. Wish Vox gave me a heads up do that I could plan accordingly.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

One thing I liked about PRO-ATC x, is that u had a idea about the active runway before reaching the destination. Wish Vox gave me a heads up do that I could plan accordingly.

How far out and what altitude are you when you are told of the landing runway / approach in use?

Best Regards,

You can switch to ATIS enroute and get the runway in use. But, you need to wait until ASN  injects weather first.

P.S. It is better to use COMs 2 so you don't miss ATC instructions.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

How far out and what altitude are you when you are told of the landing runway / approach in use?

I believe Pro-atc x showed you the expected runway right at the departing gate.I understand this is unrealistic, however even if it changes enroute, you still had an idea and could plan accordingly.

You can switch to ATIS enroute and get the runway in use. But, you need to wait until ASN  injects weather first.

P.S. It is better to use COMs 2 so you don't miss ATC instructions.

+1, i do use that, however is there anyway for ASN to inject weather earlier ?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

With VOXatc:

"P.S. It is better to use COMs 2 so you don't miss ATC instructions."

Correct:

Also, you can tune NAV2 to approach and listen to the aircraft ahead of you.

Best Regards,

The approach controller tells you what runway to expect when they start vectoring you for final.   Then you just push a few buttons in your FMC to make the changes needed.   You can make an educated guess by the winds at the destination airport.    You can also listen for other traffic getting runway assignment calls ahead of you.   I am right 90% of the time and have my NAV decks ready to go for auto approach.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

In another forum topic I was told I could select a different runway ... by pressing the zero "0" key. That works well.

On departure when I press the zero "0" key the menu opens and I can select other runways.

But when I speak the "controller" always say "unable at this time" (also after 20 trials the same answer)

Also the same when the VoxATC-Traffic is set to zero.

So, how can I select a other runway for departure?

Klaus,

from LOWG

On departure when I press the zero "0" key the menu opens and I can select other runways.

But when I speak the "controller" always say "unable at this time" (also after 20 trials the same answer)

Also the same when the VoxATC-Traffic is set to zero.

So, how can I select a other runway for departure?

Klaus,

from LOWG

That's because you are on ground frequency, maybe? Make sure you are on clearence.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi, I have the same problem, voxatc only use runway 24R/06L in LEPA, the other runways are "unable at this time" .