Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Recovering P3D default clouds

Hi everybody,

I would like to restore my Prepar3d v2 default clouds but I have lost the backup folder where REX saves all the default textures prior to the first install of any REX textures. Does anybody know whether it is possible to extract the default cloud textures from the installer files without having to reinstall Prepar3d all over? My system runs absolutely fine and I would hate to do a full reinstall. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm actually not looking for the cloud fix (I have that one already installed) but rather for the cloud texture files (bitmap files) which come with the stock P3D v2.4.

Were they not, or didnt you back them up when you installed REX cloud textures? There is the option to do so. IF you LOST the backup folder you only have one option maybe two. Try repairing.

I backed them up but lost the HD where I stored them.

Reckon you only have a couple choices then. Think you know what they are.

What I would do - make a complete copy of your CURRENT P3D folders. Do a repair install. Then copy everything BUT the cloud textures back.

Vic

I might have found another backup folder but I'm not sure if the files I found are really the original bmp files of Prepar3d v2. Could anybody be so kind and tell me what the exact size (in bytes not Mb) and resolution of the original cumulus01.bmp is? Thanks!

I might have found another backup folder but I'm not sure if the files I found are really the original bmp files of Prepar3d v2. Could anybody be so kind and tell me what the exact size (in bytes not Mb) and resolution of the original cumulus01.bmp is? Thanks!

Size: 85.4kb  87,450 bytes  Date Modified 3/19/2013 3:14pm. No info on the resolution.

Lyn