Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Sceneryconfig editor

Now that I have Steam FSX as well as regular FSX I would like to use Sceneryconfig editor with the 2 separate scenery.cfg files.

I think it's possible with a command line switch or option but it's a long time since I used such a beast. I do however remember doing something similar for FS9 or an earlier version.

Can anyone offer any help?

TIA

Dave

Go to edit > preferences and set the location of the scenery.cfg to user defined

What I am trying to do Glynn is create 2 desktop icons, one for Steam and one for regular FSX but the editor will pick the last used cfg file, it will not pick up the cfg file specified in preferences.

I suppose I could use the file menu and save and open to the different locations.

Dave

But then you need to browse to the file you want to edit, the author has given use a two click fail safe method of switching Scenery.cfg's

What is it about this automated method that you dislike ?

Sorry Glynn I must be being thick, what's this two click method of switching?