Sign in to follow this  
Adel4777

777 Questions!

Good day Captains,

-Is there any real soundpack or any other addons for the T777, either payware or freeware?

-Second question, whenever I retract or extend the flaps, the movement of the flaps doesn't look smooth, and same thing when spoilers are deployed. Even though, my FPS around 40-60! is that normal??

-Finally, is there anyway to configure the start up fuel and payload on the airplane to be empty or to a specific number? I always want to load the T777 when I start FSX with empty fuel but I couldn't.

Best regards,

Adel

I honestly can't see why one would want to change the sound on the 777? They were recorded with high quality equipment in- and outside the actual airplane. There will not be a better sound pack out there, period.

You may find sound packs that claim to be more realistic, but they honestly aren't.

The second question seems to be related to your specific computer setup, in my opinion, since the animations on my pc are actually smooth.

The third question seems to be related to panel states, the best way to explain this, is through the manuals that were provided to you with the airplane. The Introduction manual would be a nice place to start.

Hi,

For the third question, the answer is very simple: take one of the panel state already created, change the fuel and load in the FMC options and save the panel state. That's it! 

The load and fuel quantity are saved in the panel state.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

-Is there any real soundpack or any other addons for the T777, either payware or freeware?

It comes with a real "soundpack" recorded from the real plane. There's honestly no need to change it, and it's not going to offer more realism. All it would likely end up doing is make it more "simmy" by making the engines too loud, and dropping the pack noise.

-Second question, whenever I retract or extend the flaps, the movement of the flaps doesn't look smooth, and same thing when spoilers are deployed. Even though, my FPS around 40-60! is that normal??

How does it not look smooth? Can you be more specific?

-Finally, is there anyway to configure the start up fuel and payload on the airplane to be empty or to a specific number? I always want to load the T777 when I start FSX with empty fuel but I couldn't.

Be sure that you aren't setting the 777 as your default aircraft (this could be causing your second issue, perhaps). The flight number can be stored in your saved route file. You can also save everything by hitting the ; (semicolon) key. When you load it next, all you'll need to do is set the plane wherever you need it and you're set.

More info, as mentioned, is in the intro manual.

Kyle Rodgers

It comes with a real "soundpack" recorded from the real plane. There's honestly no need to change it, and it's not going to offer more realism. All it would likely end up doing is make it more "simmy" by making the engines too loud, and dropping the pack noise.

The reason why I asked if there is a soundpack, was because of the following video:

see how whole sounds of this PMDG777 in all phases of flight! especially during takeoff, it sounds more realistic! how did this guy did it?

How does it not look smooth? Can you be more specific?

Well, I find it hard to explain the issue that I am facing, however, I've recorded a very short video and uploaded it to youtube.

Please foucus on the movement of the flaps and spoilers, it looks choppy and not smooth like the other PMDG 777 users! Even though FSP was about ~40-55!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0AQ8TyNamQ

Be sure that you aren't setting the 777 as your default aircraft (this could be causing your second issue, perhaps). The flight number can be stored in your saved route file. You can also save everything by hitting the ; (semicolon) key. When you load it next, all you'll need to do is set the plane wherever you need it and you're set.

Got it! thank you so much

The reason why I asked if there is a soundpack, was because of the following video:

see how whole sounds of this PMDG777 in all phases of flight! especially during takeoff, it sounds more realistic! how did this guy did it?

They are sounds from a video of the real 777 put over the video. 

Probably edited them in.

Regardless, the sounds in that video are what you'd hear from a seat over the wing, and not up front.

As for the other issue, I can kinda see it. I think someone else had a similar issue a while back, but I can't remember what he did to fix it on his system.

Kyle Rodgers