Sign in to follow this  
omera60

Best Rendiring Options for X-Plane 10

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year to all! I have a question. What is the best Rendiring options in XP with my specs(can be found on my profile)? I'm only runing the x737, nothing else on my computer. Many thanks for your replies...

Best,

Omer

PGT0749.png

Your system is good, even so you may wish to make some compromises.  I used to adjust settings depending on what I was flying before building my current system.

For single engine VFR flying, I increased object density and decreased scenery draw and cloud draw distances.

For big iron (as you fly), I decreased ground detail settings and increased scenery and cloud draw distances.  These are two big framerate killers.  I think the general consensus is to begin with what X-Plane set as defaults when you installed it, and move away from there one setting at a time, watching framerates.  Be aware that some settings do not become effective until XP is reloaded.  Also, go for smooth frames and do not be too worried about the framerate shown as long as it is smooth.

Excellent advice!  I agree with everything said above.

Rob

It's impossible to give any suggestions really. It not only depends on your system, but also on what you fly and -how- you fly. For some people, scenery is the most important, for others it might be lighting or weather, while others only want a totally fluid frame rate at all costs.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I agree with @JimmiG.  The settings are a combination of system performance and personal preference as to what is more important with your scenery.