Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

A few pix of ships. Off California coast - Long Beach, San Fran. Lake Superior - leaving Duluth harbour.

screenshot953_zpsbqntg9mi.jpg

screenshot959_zps2cibydqg.jpg

screenshot961_zpsxnaj59oh.jpg

screenshot965_zpsyd9mf0ha.jpg

screenshot964_zps5daplmwh.jpg

screenshot967_zpsmocv4udr.jpg

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

A few more. Transiting the Sault Ste. Marie waterway.  Was getting dark so landed and swapped A/C for yacht.

screenshot970_zpsu0jgjfn2.jpg

screenshot971_zpskwfhlbyn.jpg

screenshot980_zps02ogce11.jpg

screenshot972_zpseo6aftk0.jpg

I found one problem, but I believe it's only my system. There is an elevation difference in the water between USA and Canada.

I think it's because I have Ultimate Terrain USA installed and do not have UT Canada.  The stock AI pleasure and fishing boats

do a real neat jump when they cross it.  The yacht almost sank, but with power and bilge pumps I saved it. LOL

screenshot976_zpsrjicczrp.jpg

screenshot977_zpsb3kc2624.jpg

Hendrik, I have not seen any bugs in the Beta package; so far, so good !

Am sailing south to Lake Michigan.

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Nice shots - including the jumping yacht  :lol: Looks like it is working - a few groundings have been reported in Greenland, but the US and Canadian routes and the ships looks to work as intended, so I expect release will be next Friday unless something unexpected is found - unfortunately no time to finalise the documentation before - and tests are also still continuing.

No rush, rather you take the time to get the documentation done to your satisfaction (documentation can be so important), before you release this "mega" package.  :smile:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

During my vacation I have now completed my two "secret-ships". They are a vision (design study) for future multifunctional ships for the Navy.

The AI-models for FSX and P3D are currently in beta and (if no errors occur) in the next few days on my website available for download (I think they are to late for Henriks release).

As a taster here's a video - of course in HD B)

Here you can download a PDF with the design backgrounds (unfortunately, so far only in German language)

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

There occur a question to my ships.

The ships has trimaran hulls.

Those hulls do not throw bow waves as you can see in the video of the USS Independence,.

But in the flight simulator, they look very good.

The question now is, the bow waves have to go, or should they stay?

This question I would like to let the community decide.

Therefore, the question here:

away

or remain

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

I finally got the ships working in FSX SE, but now Henrik you're to blame that I don't have time for some real flying, Now I just go "sight seeing" all over the place to see how many ships I can spot :-) :-)  Keep up the good work!

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi Jørn - Happy you finally got it to work and sorry for placing so many distractions on the water...

Manfred, I think you should work on the wake behind the ship instead -  the video of USS Independece shows a quite beautiful wake, and the wake is important to make the ships appear moving in the simulator.

Hi Henrik,

meanwhile, I have revised the rear and bow waves again. The bow waves I have reduced and the rear waves with the two Jet-Blast now work also in FSX as my beta testers have confirmed.

But I do not know if you want to include them in your package because every ship is equipped with the textures about 4.5 MB in size and with 24 Drawcalls. Maybe to much?

However, we could (my beta testers, and I) notice no performance loss. Not in FSX and not in P3D

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Good and bad news... The good news is that the package is done; no major issues were found in the beta test... The bad news is that due to business travel no chance to upload at least until next Friday...

But I do not know if you want to include them in your package because every ship is equipped with the textures about 4.5 MB in size and with 24 Drawcalls. Maybe to much?

However, we could (my beta testers, and I) notice no performance loss. Not in FSX and not in P3D

Hi Manfred,

In order not to delay further I decided not to add more - also rather than adding fantasy ships I prefer real existing ships - sometimes in repaints which are no longer actual - but at least ships you can meet if you fly for real - so e.g. your City of Hamburg is included even if it is on the heavy side, but it is also a model which has a particular relevance for flight enthusiasts (at least those favouring Airbus :lol: ).

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I thought so already. The two ships are of course very special and have also nothing to do with reality. Who would like to have it, can download them from my website.

The next project is much more real again :wink: .

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

The "Cobra" and "Viper" are ready for download now.

Have fun with it

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Thats cool will try it as soon as am back home. thanks very much Manfred.

Arslan Nouar

Henrik, I know you are intending to do the updates this weekend, but with Avsim in the middle of their upgrades, what with limited facilities, perhaps you can delay undertaking your endeavors? It seems some of the threads/topics I am following, are not being notified by email as to additions to a thread.

Thanks.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

That is exactly what I did - adding to Avsim issues I am sitting in South America on a rather instable line, which simply doesn't allow for upload - due to business travel next chance is Friday of the coming week...