Sign in to follow this  
HLJames

The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum > Where is your 777 Now? (Part 5)

Somewhere over Germany for Amsterdam Schiphol.

Wow....what a coincidence! I am doing the same flight (EDDF>EHAM)...but in a baby Bus.

Will post in the "Where is your A320 now" thread...although it should really be "Where is your Airbus" since we all post 318's to 321's

I'll make sure not to get caught in your wake turbulence!   :blink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey everyone, I'm still alive! I've been swamped with school, but I managed to get a quick flight done today using none other than the legendary VP-CAL.

So, I have a huge thing for those little freeware FTX Global airports, I just love the additions they make, and the airports are just adorable anyways. So, I decided to do a flight between two of them - Kiruna and Cephalonia.

Kiruna Ariport is a small airport located in Sweden. In fact, it is the most northernmost airport in all of Sweden. The airport serves just a tad over 100,000 passengers annually. Most of these flights are summer seasonal, which is understandable, given the fact that it was -9C when I departed. The airport itself is capable of handling 737 aircraft, but I managed to fit a 777 into it!

Cephalonia Airport is a small airport located in Greece. The airport opened its doors in 1971, and received new terminal buildings in the 1980s. This airport serves many more passengers - around 430,000 annually. Once again, most of these are seasonal, as Greece is a rather summery destination.

Here is the shot of my aircraft, sitting at the gate just prior to sunrise:

397a2279-2ed5-4d81-9a4e-80d2d3125b3f_zps

After just an hour or so, the sun was quite high up, and I could see my aircraft quite nicely. I apologize if this photo is over-edited, I actually think it looks pretty sweet:

53755eb9-3e2c-4594-a07e-b286cb68b339_zps

We then began descent a few hours later into Cephalonia Airport:

574631b0-60d4-497e-8299-187a7c8edb47_zps

The airport in Cephalonia has a fairly short runway (for a 777 that is), so we had to use full reversers along with Autobrakes 4:

8afff1b1-11e1-4409-a68a-fce29f1a5187_zps

Finally, we pulled into a gate three separate gates meant for smaller aircraft and parked.

1364acd7-1efa-4dfe-bb64-3b2733435785_zps

Thanks for checking it out, I'm hoping to be able to post more, but it's unpredictable.

ANA533(RCTP-WMKK) has another stormy departure (seems like that's all I get lately B) ) as she departs Taiwan

ana533_zpsan9400tc.jpg

ana533-1_zpspmcjccux.jpg

ana533-2_zpstvjsmf3m.jpg

ana533-3_zpspq3qoaot.jpg

ana533-4_zps9ubdebni.jpg

ana533-5_zpsuxxjtjfe.jpg

ana533-6_zpspfcxr4uf.jpg

Chris Sunseri

Can you try to get some lawn mowers maybe?

I'll sure try to haul a pallet or two of John Deere's down there Steve.  Asuncion's flightline is getting really overgrown :lol:

TPA49(SGAS-SCEL) gets ready to fire outta town

tpa49_zpsj2z6mqqa.jpg

tpa49-1_zps5aegfhe1.jpg

tpa49-2_zpsbnbkk1nr.jpg

tpa49-3_zpssg00pxnr.jpg

tpa49-4_zpsjxzyyakr.jpg

tpa49-5_zpsg0vzrs35.jpg

tpa49-6_zpspjofsu0m.jpg

Chris Sunseri

I'll sure try to haul a pallet or two of John Deere's down there Steve.  Asuncion's flightline is getting really overgrown

Great shots Chris!  Yeah that grass needs cutting!  :Shocked:

I moved some freight with BETA tonight....checking her out before releasing her.  Both her and Emery should be out really soon.

Also testing ASN Beta for FSX;SE.....Man I missed my weather engine!  Looks really good.  (quite fitting I should be flying BETA, testing the beta of ASN for SE, hehe)

1KsZ3R.jpg

cqFzCr.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks CP & Steve!  Has NASA called you Steve in regards to powering their NextGen Space Shuttle with your new machine B)   Sounds like your in BETA heaven :P

Chris Sunseri

FDX193(KPDX-UHPP) readies for a trip across the big pond.  After arriving in Yelizovo, I was pleasantly surprised to see a fellow FedEx plane there.  Usually it's just me and a ton of IL-76's :lol:

fdx193_zpskfyicy1v.jpg

fdx193-1_zpsfvvy5hgi.jpg

fdx193-2_zps1onwepwf.jpg

fdx193-3_zpsf5aj3zrp.jpg

fdx193-4_zpsok5okhbp.jpg

fdx193-5_zpsdiismszr.jpg

fdx193-6_zpsgo7zwxyh.jpg

Chris Sunseri