Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Pop-up Autogen... is this a thing of the past or not?

I  thought I read a ways back that autogen in P3D was no longer "popping" into view.  I can confirm that my autogen trees discretely come into view from way out in the distance.   Can't even detect it, very nice.  But for autogen buildings, that seems to be a different story.  I see big 1.2km blocks (I think that's the size), of buildings pop into view out in the distance.  Not quite as noticeable in the daytime but at night... pretty unsightly.

So is this what LM meant by no popping autogen:  trees yes  but buildings no?  Do I need to get my house in order (ha!) or is this still an issue hoping to be resolved?

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

This is how it is in P3D. A huge improvement over FSX but it still can be obvious under certain circumstances.

Nothing they can do about the buildings as of the last time they discussed this. It was something about how the textures and 3D models etc are the primary issue for resolving this in the same manner as they did with the trees.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thx for the update... glad to see it isn't just me.  I can live with it.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

So, does the way that autogen buildings pop up in P3D appear basically the same as with FSX? Or has it improved?

I'm considering a switch from FSX. Autogen popup has been the main annoyance in FSX, and one of the things holding me back from switching. If the buildings autogen popup effect has improved, I'd be much more inclined to transition. If it hasn't improved, I think I will continue to wait, since I've already invested a lot in addons and other equipment for FSX.

Vic

So, does the way that autogen buildings pop up in P3D appear basically the same as with FSX? Or has it improved?

I'm considering a switch from FSX. Autogen popup has been the main annoyance in FSX, and one of the things holding me back from switching. If the buildings autogen popup effect has improved, I'd be much more inclined to transition. If it hasn't improved, I think I will continue to wait, since I've already invested a lot in addons and other equipment for FSX.

There is no pop-up of autogen right in front of the aircraft as in FSX. So yes, it's a huge improvement over FSX. Pop-up of buildings is only in the distance at the edge of the LOD radius, so you will only notice this under some circumstances.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I fly mostly GA addons (so  low and slow) and I have never experienced pop up autogen in P3D.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Huge improvement over fsx. It happens but is less pronounced and further away. If you fly with real weather the visibility towards the horizon masks it happening very convincingly. Went back to fsx se last week to try something and it jarred how bad pop up looks compared to prepar3d. Try it for a month and if you don't like it you haven't lost much!

Chris