Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Rain Fix for Turbine Duke V2

Well, here is some unexpected fun - I was just on approach to a nice little airstrip in Norway when it started to rain, and this happened :P :

U3FGe.jpg

VC view disappeared and re-appeared in perfect coordination with the rain starting and stopping - cycling through the views got me to the last "nose on" view with no VC which actually worked (and was kind of cool as you get the rain hitting your windshield effect), but I doubt you have that option in "real life" :rofl:

Guess I will be making a bug report.

If anybody gets a chance, dial up some rain and see what happens - maybe it's just me...

Another interesting thing, it was just the "forward look" through the cockpit windshield and side windows - looking back into the cabin, the display was just fine.

Hmmm, was working fine in beta

And a quick check on my end with the release version shows rain drops working fine.

Are you on DX10 or anything?  Any shader mods?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's all a pretty "vanilla" setup here - and oddly, further rain testing shows me only having the problem so far with the V2 D-NSYR livery - Contacted Rob, and he was able to reproduce it, so they will be looking into a fix for what he described as "a rogue transparency file" - at least I know I am not crazy (well not much anyway :lol:)...

Ahhhh I would agree...  I swear I tested all liveries but possibly that one slipped my rain test.... doh!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ahhhh I would agree... I swear I tested all liveries but possibly that one slipped my rain test.... doh!

Hehe, no worries man, I am a software developer myself (just boring old ASP.Net/C# "line of business" web applications), so I know how testing goes - it's the massive amount of tiny details that folks don't appreciate who don't live in this world - sounds like an easy update will becoming, so no skin off of anybody's nose - just have to change liveries or turn off the rain for now  :lol:

Also, thanks for your efforts as a Beta tester on this release Ryan - I am really enjoying the plane...

Just had a quick look and there's an extremely minor error in the texture.cfg file for D-NSYR. I'm a bit surprised it's had that effect. D-NSYR is the only livery that is affected. Thankfully the fix is very easy. We're just testing that it works on a few different systems, then we'll upload a new file as soon as possible, probably within half an hour or so.

Thanks,

Sean.

RealAir Simulations

Just had a quick look and there's an extremely minor error in the texture.cfg file for D-NSYR. I'm a bit surprised it's had that effect. D-NSYR is the only livery that is affected. Thankfully the fix is very easy. We're just testing that it works on a few different systems, then we'll upload a new file as soon as possible, probably within half an hour or so.

Thanks,

Sean.

RealAir Simulations

The fix is up on our site. Go to Realair > Downloads > Patches. It should be at the top of the page.

Sean.

RealAir Simulations

The fix is up on our site. Go to Realair > Downloads > Patches. It should be at the top of the page.

Sean.

RealAir Simulations

And the problem is solved - sitting in a nice downpour at ENTC in my trusty new steed, D-NSYR, the visibility is lousy, but the windshield is clear!

Thanks guys - Happy New Year

Chris B. - aka "Flapsdown"

Yep, that fixed it, I think.  No rain effects anymore but, not sure I miss it much.

Glad the patch is working for you Gregg. The windscreen raindrops should still be working after you apply the patch though (the patch most definitely doesn't disable them).

Split from large Turbine Duke V2 Release topic.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10