Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Some minor (user) problems

Hi ,

First i want to thank Bryan for another great piece of software . Really love it. I do have some minor issues which can be my lag of experience but i was hoping for some advise.

These Q is regarding the tutorial

ORIGINATING FLOW (CAPTAIN) 

• AUTO FEATHER - TEST ** 

How is this performed . Is it Visual ?

AFTER START CHECKLIST (PLEASE)

Engine Rating ___% SET / CHECKED

I cant see this rating on the Engine page  ? its just blanked

Altimeters SET / CROSSCHECK

These Altimeters callouts is not recognised until i resets the After START checklist. It should be straight forward right ?for instance "(1013) SET CROSSCHECK" 

I have the same issue during the "DESCENT CHECKLIST TO THE LINE" and  TRANSITION ALTITUDE, speak: "2 9 9 2 SET CROSS CHECK" or "1 0 1 3 SET CROSS CHECK

TAKEOFF and INITIAL CLIMB TO 10,000 FEET

"FLAPS 0, I A S ONE EIGHTY FIVE, CLIMB CHECKLIST TO THE LINE".

This one is really hard to get correct . How about an option for a phrase like "Speed" instead or IAS of something else?

I have no issues with the NGX or PMDG777 .

But again a great product  :lol:  (dont take the underline as anything else other than the Q  B) )

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Michael,

Autofeather test:  You'll need to consult the Q400 aircraft manual for that one.

Engine rating:  Value should be displayed on the instrument panel.  It's been a while since I've used this plane, but I think you can manually set the value somewhere.

Someone else please feel free to step in and correct me.

Altimeter callouts:  Not sure, do you u see the phrase in the Green Bar?

Takeoff and init climb:  Make sure you say that phrase in a single sentence smoothly.   

I'll consider the "speed" syntax option in a future update, but I.A.S. is correct to Colgan.

Cheers,

Hi Michael,

Autofeather test:  You'll need to consult the Q400 aircraft manual for that one.

Engine rating:  Value should be displayed on the instrument panel.  It's been a while since I've used this plane, but I think you can manually set the value somewhere.

Someone else please feel free to step in and correct me.

Altimeter callouts:  Not sure, do you u see the phrase in the Green Bar?

Takeoff and init climb:  Make sure you say that phrase in a single sentence smoothly.   

I'll consider the "speed" syntax option in a future update, but I.A.S. is correct to Colgan.

Cheers,

Thanks

Bryan , 

I will check the greenbar  (i think the crosscheck is the issue. There is a windows function to teach words i think somewhere)

IAS " sounds like IRS" when it comes out of my Scandinavian accent  :rolleyes:

Michael Moe

(i think the crosscheck is the issue

Make sure you say it like this.... as per the tutorial in the manual... say it smoothly in a single sentance.

Practice it on the ground before you even fly using the Green Bar.

Note: When passing the TRANSITION ALTITUDE, speak: "2 9 9 2 SET CROSS CHECK" or "1 0 1 3 SET CROSS CHECK" if you are outside the United States or Canada.

Hi Bryan

Thanks again,

Yesterday i tried with more hits  :rolleyes:  so as in any thing in life , practice is the way ahead allt though i never had one "cross checked" in the green bar . The closest is "course checked" which is shown in the green bar (strange ?)

Thanks for support

Michael Moe

Try running the voice training again and alter your accent a bit.  

And be sure it say the phrase as a single phrase... don't pause.

Cheers,