Sign in to follow this  
jfri

If I want to fly a Concorde

Then from what I have understood the Flightsim Labs Concorde X is the best product. I have one big concern. To make realistic flights with it it will be  long flights like Europe to New York. This in turn makes OOM crashes more likely. You who have it do you experience this as a problem ? Also I would like to ask if it works in FSX-SE and in this way makes OOM events more unlikely ? Is it maybe better to wait for an equal good Concorde in P3D (or even XPlane) ?

If you turn down a few of your settings like LOD radius to 4.5 you will not have a problem making it without OOM's.  Also turn off any scenery you are not using.  Remember you are flying fast and high, mostly over ocean so you really don't need crazy detailed scenery.   I fly all the time between EGLL ((UK2000) and KJFK (FSDT) and I make it.  Now if you are really paranoid just save the flight and restart it half way across the ocean, the INS will restore and all settings will restore with exception of the fuel panel which you will need to rest maybe 2 switches.  You only thing you really lose is the fuel load numbers you dial in as you setup the flight but the gauge that tells you total fuel remaining will work.

You can check out my video I made that has a chapter devoted to this topic.

Restart flight starts at approx 1:14

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If you turn down a few of your settings like LOD radius to 4.5 you will not have a problem making it without OOM's. Also turn off any scenery you are not using.

My LOD radius is already set to 4.5. I have only a freeware Heathrow airport in the area between London and New York. But I would be interested in using ASN. Have you tried it in FSX-SE ?

the flightsimlabs concorde is awesome but it is a huge VAS hog it uses 1.6Gb by itself.

i could only really fly it in and out of default airports and lighter sceneries...utx usa was ok for example but orbx norcal was problematic with OOM troubles even with autogen off.. 

i tried it in FSX-SE and it is not working yet, it installs but the gauges are all blank. it was unclear from their forums if they intend to solve that, although they may have changed their stance since then i only checked it once maybe 3 weeks ago right after se was released

cheers

-andy crosby