Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Ideal settings for P3Dv2.4

Hi everyone

FSX had a definitive set of tweaks which gave us overall much better performance and graphics quality using Nvidia Inspector, than the stock installation and stock fsx.cfg.

Although the norm is not to interfere with the p3d.cfg, are there any other 'must have' settings in the P3D in-game menu and specifically in the Nvidia Control panel which people are applying right off the bat?  What about SweetFX and other graphic enhancement utilities?

I've been very occassionally toying with P3D since V2 was released, but haven't yet found the sweetspot in the same way I did for FSX, graphically.

My machine is fairly capable:  i7 @ 4.2, 8GB RAM, Asus Nvidia 760GTX

My query is more related to graphics quality than performance.... Anti-aliasing and colour enhancement and lighting in particular

Cheers

erich

Hi everyone

FSX had a definitive set of tweaks which gave us overall much better performance and graphics quality using Nvidia Inspector, than the stock installation and stock fsx.cfg.

Although the norm is not to interfere with the p3d.cfg, are there any other 'must have' settings in the P3D in-game menu and specifically in the Nvidia Control panel which people are applying right off the bat?  What about SweetFX and other graphic enhancement utilities?

I've been very occassionally toying with P3D since V2 was released, but haven't yet found the sweetspot in the same way I did for FSX, graphically.

My machine is fairly capable:  i7 @ 4.2, 8GB RAM, Asus Nvidia 760GTX

My query is more related to graphics quality than performance.... Anti-aliasing and colour enhancement and lighting in particular

Cheers

erich

Erich,

P3D originally came with a list of tweaks that could be applied. This list has not been amended since P3D2.3 and the consensus is that is is really not required. In the LM P3D forums, the developers themselves advise against trying to even out the core load and any other tweak people find....I have removed all tweaks from my .cfg file except for one....FFTF at value of 0.01

I have my framerates locked at 20 and autogen at medium....I get no blurriness, no stutters, wonderful smooth performance. Just try not to use FPS as the performance benchmark like it was in old FSX, in P3D there are many more factors involved.

My suggestion...start with a clean cfg file, adjust your sliders to match the capability of your hardware, and fly.