Sign in to follow this  
Flyfox

SIMstarter ignores the display.device settings in fsx.cfg

This tool seems to be very powerful indeed! However I still have problems using it correctly. My main problem right now is the fact that SIMstarter does not use the defined fsx.cfg correctly. Each time I start FSX through SIMstarter my graphics card settings are reset to the following values:

Full screen resolution 1280x720x32

Filtering: Bilinear

Anti-aliasing: OFF

My settings in the fsx.cfg for the corrsponding profile clearly define other values here, but they are obviuosly overwritten by SIMStarter. What am I doing wrong?

Felix

This tool seems to be very powerful indeed! However I still have problems using it correctly. My main problem right now is the fact that SIMstarter does not use the defined fsx.cfg correctly. Each time I start FSX through SIMstarter my graphics card settings are reset to the following values:

Full screen resolution 1280x720x32

Filtering: Bilinear

Anti-aliasing: OFF

My settings in the fsx.cfg for the corrsponding profile clearly define other values here, but they are obviuosly overwritten by SIMStarter. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I tested this function and it should work well.

Can you please send me:

- fsx.cfg (Original file)

- .\Userprofiles folder of SIMstarter (zipped)

- which profile does not work

You'll find my email adress inside SIMstarter > About.

I assume that you do not use the right [sECTION] for your changes?!

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Hi Pero

Thanks for your help! The problem could be solved by simply using the button "Renew from fsx.cfg". I hadn't used it before, because the fsx.cfg looked ok, but somehow a different fsx.cfg version was actually used for the start. So, everything is fine now!

Greetings

Felix