Sign in to follow this  
scub

Taxi Cam issue

Hi there,

I've just gone through 80+ pages of topic without finding any correct answer for my issue.
All 3 cameras displayed in the taxi cam window are "too much" zoomed. (I've made a screenshot but I don't know how to paste it in the forum)

I'm unable to see any of the wheels.

I followed the ony advise i found in the forum (setting WideViewAspect=True) with no success.

I run FSX on a 2560 x 1440 27" 16/9 monitor. 

It's not a very important issue... The 777 is fully and greatly flyable! But it's still a (little) pain! ;)

Everything beside this taxi cam seems to work perfectly! :)

I would apreciate if anyone can help. :)

Thanks in advanced

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

The images are set up as similar to the actual B77W as FSX allows and the 'zoom' does include the main and nose gears.  There's not way that I know of to adjust the zoom of these views, I'm not even sure how it's implemented.  I notice the main gear views could be the L/R Stab Cameras but can't find a camera that yields the same view as nose gear; camera definitions are in the aircraft.cfg file which PMDG recommends no editing.

Maybe running the installer and selecting REPAIR (unless you upgraded to SP1D).  Odd.  Try submitting a trouble ticket.

You have to use a photo hosting service like photobucket to post pictures.  Lots of help in the AVSIM forum on how to use it if you look.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for your help.

Already tried the repair and reinstall option with no effect. It's upgraded with the last patch.

Sorry for the "full name" i have not even noticed that. U use it in your signature? So far i did'nt find how to make one.
But here ti is:

Laurent SPINNER

Sorry for the "full name" i have not even noticed that. U use it in your signature? So far i did'nt find how to make one.

To include your full name in your signature, click on your name at the top right hand corner of the forum and once your on your profile page, click "edit my profile". On the left hand sidebar, there should be a tab where you can edit your signature.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Already tried the repair and reinstall option with no effect.

Please let us know what the PMDG wizards come up with for a fix for the next guy that comes along with the same problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

After sending a trouble ticket, here is the answer from PMDG Technical Support:

"Laurent,

The Taxi Cam is unfortunately not something that can be modified.  Because of the way it had to be implemented to work in FSX with the undocked separate 2D panel,  it can't be adjusted or changed.  Sorry to disappoint.

Paul Gollnick
Technical Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC

Well... Never mind. Even with uncorrect views taxu cam helps taxying and the plane still fully flyable!
Thanks for all your helps!