Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

PMs all gone?

Hello team,

suppose the vast majority of my PM conversations is gone. TBH I don't look at them often, but neither do I recall having deleted them all. I wonder if there was some kind of a forum reset in between? Just wondering, as there was quite a long list of conversations for sure in the past.

As far as I know we are not deleting PMs.  You have to do that yourself.  Perhaps I'm not understanding your question.

Best regards,

IIRC, Tom removed all PMs older than some date a few months ago.

That's sort of what I meant. Was there some kind of advance notice? And is there just any way to recover those deleted ones?

IIRC, Tom removed all PMs older than some date a few months ago.

You sure about this  since just just checked my messenger tab  on top and still got my messages still from 2013, I take it pms  and the messenger icon are one the same?

I apologize for spreading rumors. I could have sworn I have read a statement of Tom on that subject subject, but I can't find it, so I guess it exists on ly in my imagination.

Flo,

I think Tom restricted searches to 2 years. I've never heard of anyone keeping PM's for very long though. I don't anyway.

Best regards,

Hmm alright, well that's too bad. Since there was a lot of valuable information and anyways 99% of mine were definately older than 2 years. Wonder if they're still somewhere retrievable if only the search is restricted for now.