Sign in to follow this  
daftraider

PMDG 737 NGX

hi all

The problem i have is with the  mouse it is not able to operate the fuel cut off for the engines , or any of the switches in the overhead panel , it can work the knobs and a few of the switches , but when i try to use the cut offs i get the little hand icon , but it does not work it . i have reset the flight and reset the views , but it is driving me nuts.

i am sure it must be a easy fix , as i can use it on any other aircraft ok , but the one the problems are with is the one for the va i use

could it be a zoom in out setting it is holding for the switch to operate ?

thanks in advance for any replies

Rich B

usually is is a symptom of your view shifting to inside of the headrest... try moving it a bit forward.

usually is is a symptom of your view shifting to inside of the headrest... try moving it a bit forward.

What he says. I had an issue the other day where I could not adjust some of the switches on the overhead panel. I then realised that I had lowered my camera into the centre console. Done this many times over the years.

Also, Don't name the thread PMDG 737 NGX. What is the point? Think about it. Somehow we worked out that it was likely about the PMDG 737 NGX as you posted it in PMDG 737 NGX sub forum.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Full names in PMDG forums, including first and last names.

Sorry for adding the obvious, but you do know that some switches need to be right-clicked rather than left-clicked, depending on their position, don't you?

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Hi there,

Im getting an issue where when disconnecting autopilot and taking the plane over for landing, my f/o (fs2crew) mentions "Not Stablised" then when using the rudder, the rudder is way too sensitive and cant control the plane using the rudder. With the rudder, i can also fly sideways at 50 degrees thats how bad it is. I cant find any info about this and dont know whether im missing something or its a bug.

Vivek Bhukhan

Not sure about the effectivity... but, why are you even using the rudder at that stage?

Not sure about the effectivity... but, why are you even using the rudder at that stage?

Ummmmm? Why is he using the rudder to help control his aircraft on final? 

Well the 737 is perfectly able to stay coordinated without rudder input, normally you'd only use rudder in last couple of meters.

Depends on the wind. If there's a strong wind or winds are change frequently rudder input will probably be used as well as ailerons.

Yes for crosswind landings. 

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

I'll just call you noname. Dear noname, it is always poor piloting to hold cross controls during an approach except just before or during flare.  In a swept wing aircraft, is my understanding, that you do not want to use that technique at all... maybe a little rudder to nudge nose around at landing but I've read here from 737 types that they land in a 'crab.'  My favorites are the B-52s which have steerable mains so they not only land in a crab but roll out on the runway still in the crab.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

I'll just call you noname. Dear noname, it is always poor piloting to hold cross controls during an approach except just before or during flare.  In a swept wing aircraft, is my understanding, that you do not want to use that technique at all... maybe a little rudder to nudge nose around at landing but I've read here from 737 types that they land in a 'crab.'  My favorites are the B-52s which have steerable mains so they not only land in a crab but roll out on the runway still in the crab.

I'm also adopting your technique...

About that B52...that is AWESOME!

Dan, sorry about being noname, just forget to sign the old John Hancock.  Will try to do better this time.  My crosswind landing comment was not meant to fly on approach that way, only at touchdown.  Of course we crab till touchdown.  I have made some pretty hairy crosswind landings in my 182 using that technique.  Thanks

Lewis Block