Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

P3D v2.5...Does anyone use DSR?

If you set 8xMSAA in the sim and any SGSSAA in NI *other than 8x*, then the Result is 8xMSAA, no SG. You have to "feed" NI with the same "multiplier" in the sim setting.

Hey steve . Thanks for your help . I'm finding p3d to be much much more simpler than fsx  in terms of tweaking . I think i have everything set up correctly now . But my only problem is the vsync , I have it on in the in-game settings frame rates are set to unlimited . I know that vsync in NVI has no effect on P3D but i still get screen tearing, am i doing something wrong you think ? 

Cheers

Seems maybe some other effect you are seeing as I would think vsync is always on, but with drivers changing often and a few bugs around it may be worth a try setting NI force vsync on.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Seems maybe some other effect you are seeing as I would think vsync is always on, but with drivers changing often and a few bugs around it may be worth a try setting NI force vsync on.

Ok I'll try it once i come back from work. But in the meantime, I remember reading a topic a while back about an application called aero. I think i remember reading about how it enables vsync when in windowed mode (Cause technicall p3d is in windowed mode all the time). Do you still use that program? Cause i dont have it.

Cheers

Aero is part of the Windows 7 O/S and shouldn't be needed.

Oh ok . Well then i'll try the force vsync and let you know. I appreciate the help man .  ^_^

Cheers

Hey Steve, got help from "neumanix" on another topic . He said that i should use an aero theme in windows, it turned out i wasn't using one. So the minute i loaded up the sim while using an aero theme i didn't get any tearing anymore . Thank you anyways , You've been great help . 

Regards

That got your vsync back? Good, shouldn't be needed, changing those desktop transparency and Aerolite settings seem to help some.

I only got in game vsync with Aero enabled to work.

NI vsync (1/2 refresh rate) as known from fsx does not work in p3d.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

I've got vsync without aero theme on my system, but as I said changing those *desktop* transparency and Aerolite settings seem to help some. The partial vsync is for full screen game modes not used by P3Dv2 and produces tearing anyway in FSX since it's partial, it's just less tearing than no vsync at all.

...use an aero theme in windows

I only got in game vsync with Aero enabled to work.

On my system I can't turn off vsync - perhaps enabling Aero might do it? :D

I think that's not the actual answer but if it gets it going then that's cool.

I am getting acceptable results in P3D v2.4 with......

* 347.52 drivers

* FXAA on in P3D

* MSAA @ 2x in P3D

* AF @ 16x in P3D and Nvidia Inspector

* SGSS @ 2x in Nvidia Inspector

* DSR @ 2x in Nvidia Control Panel

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

At the moment i'm trying 16x aniso in NI, 16x Aniso in P3D, 4xMSAA in P3D, 4xSGSSAA in NI, 20fps fixed in P3D, PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_FPS_20 in NI. FXAA off. DSR off. Pretty and smooth, but would like to try vsync off however in game vsync or NI vsync=force off does not work, vsync is on all the time.

I assume you don't expect framerates to ever slip under 20fps, Steve?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Never really drops below that with all the trimmings but generally I don't run high fps because the PC fans make a fuss. :D

That got your vsync back? Good, shouldn't be needed, changing those desktop transparency and Aerolite settings seem to help some.

Yup that got my vsync to work. I have everything set up right now and all I can say about P3D is that it's AMAZING. I just need pmdg to release the 777 for 2.5 then i'm in heaven  :P. I have never experienced a sim as beautiful as this. Thank you LM ! 

Yup that got my vsync to work. I have everything set up right now and all I can say about P3D is that it's AMAZING. I just need pmdg to release the 777 for 2.5 then i'm in heaven  :P. I have never experienced a sim as beautiful as this. Thank you LM ! 

Sorry to ask, but what is now your final best-working 'display setup' regarding Graphics/AA/DSR/NI?

I know each has it own hardware, but still it might help me  ^_^