Sign in to follow this  
janblanc

aircraft won't even start moving

I am having trouble with some addon aircraft.

The plane would not move on the ground, when trying to taxi or take off. In fact, I start a flight, the plane loads but when applying throttle to start taxi (or take off), it doesnt move, even at full power.

In fact, its like its stuck on the ground, although moving the control surfaces seems to have a very slight effect on the airplane, if throttle is at maximum (something like the plane has some kind of super brake that wont let it go).

If I take off with another AC, then change in midair and use one of the faulty ones, they perform flawlessly: I was also able to land without problems, but again, once stopped there is no way to make it move again

It has happened with the Curtiss Jenny (an import from fs2004), and with the iris microjet, but I had the same problems with some other AC  I cant remember.

Does anybody ever experienced anything like this? 

Is there any solution?

Thx and cheers all

I ran into this also. What I did was save a flight with the A2A Cub with the tiedowns and the door open to Previous Flight . Upon starting later with this as default the plane was stuck. I switched to another plane and back again it it started and I flew it. Also I remember this happening before and I had to re-start with the default start flight ( Friday Harbour) and then go to another airport and save. This will clean out the buggs in the saved flight and you can go back to your position where it "stuck".

"stuck"

I ran into this also. What I did was save a flight with the A2A Cub with the tiedowns and the door open to Previous Flight . Upon starting later with this as default the plane was stuck. I switched to another plane and back again it it started and I flew it. Also I remember this happening before and I had to re-start with the default start flight ( Friday Harbour) and then go to another airport and save. This will clean out the buggs in the saved flight and you can go back to your position where it "stuck".

thx for your reply, I have tried various situations but in fact, I didn't save or load any flight. Just created one with the abovementioned airplanes. Also tried to start in the default cessna, then load the jenny, but no luck. Wonder if it is some kind of incompatibility

When you create a flight it's "saved". You have to start with a saved flight.

Do what you want, I was just saying what "fixed" mine.

I have the same issue, nobody ever came up with a solution?

LouP

FSUIPC has a LUA script which reduces the rolling resistance for taxiing.  FSUPIC.INI also contains a parameter; Patchsimfriction=, which can be set.

Now the question is either or both work in the free version?  This from John Dowson;

PatchSIM1friction=No: A is provided to assist with better ground friction and braking. This is enabled by a parameter
added to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file, and applies to both registered and unregistered installations. It
operates by patching values in FS's SIM1.DLL, and applies equally to FSX (RTM, SP1, SP2 or Acceleration), and
Prepar3D version 1.4. Just add PatchSIM1friction=Yes to the [General] section of the INI.

A number of ground friction and braking coefficients are changed. The values set are those currently derived by
experiment by Johan Dees (please see the example Lua Frictions.lua for details of the changes -- more below).

For registered users, there is more flexibility using plug-ins instead. In this case the parameter is not necessary. Full
details can be found in the Lua Plugins package -- see, especialy, the two example Lua plug-ins "frictions.lua" and
"DynamicFriction.lua".

Ernest Pergrem