Sign in to follow this  
pepegallete

FSX Global texture resolution changes automatically help!

Hello everybody, I am having a problem which is very disturbing, I set in the FSX configuration, my global texture resolution to MEDIUM, but when I am in flight and I go to settings I see that my global texture resolution is at VERY HIGH, any help? 

HELP PLEASE!!!

Are you forcing the texture res. through Add-On Manager?

Add-Ons/Add On Manager/Options-----Always use 4096 textures.

Add-Ons/Add On Manager/Options-----Always use 4096 textures.

So where it says force textures I just have to put it off or I put force 4096 textures?

Anytime you go into the FSX Settings, the Texture_Max_Load setting will be returned to the default 1024 unless you use a program, like the Addon Manager to force it.  Personally I keep an fsx.cfg icon on my desktop and periodically review the Texture_Max_Load setting under the Graphics section and also the LOD_Radius setting under the Terrain section.  Both of these settings will be returned to the default if you open up the FSX Settings page within FSX (like to change the global resolution to Medium).  Now I do not know if Medium will give you 4096 resolution and it may only give you 2048 resolution (which is very good too).  The 4096 resolution is the max setting for this parameter.

The problem with forcing this parameter in the Addon Manager is that there are some bad tweaks that will also be installed in your fsx.cfg (well, at least I do not recommend the tweaks).  If you want to see some good settings for your FSX that work for most, check out the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Anytime you go into the FSX Settings, the Texture_Max_Load setting will be returned to the default 1024 unless you use a program, like the Addon Manager to force it.  Personally I keep an fsx.cfg icon on my desktop and periodically review the Texture_Max_Load setting under the Graphics section and also the LOD_Radius setting under the Terrain section.  Both of these settings will be returned to the default if you open up the FSX Settings page within FSX (like to change the global resolution to Medium).  Now I do not know if Medium will give you 4096 resolution and it may only give you 2048 resolution (which is very good too).  The 4096 resolution is the max setting for this parameter.

The problem with forcing this parameter in the Addon Manager is that there are some bad tweaks that will also be installed in your fsx.cfg (well, at least I do not recommend the tweaks).  If you want to see some good settings for your FSX that work for most, check out the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide.

Best regards,

Okay, thanks, I am currently flying LEBL-OMDB(Barcelona to Dubai) It´s a 6 hours and a half flight, after I finish I wil try do this thing in the Addon manager and come back with results