Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sbclark

Climbing or Descending

Hi,

Other than using FLCH in the 777, is there any other way to make the A/C climb or descend?

Pushing on the Altitude button seems to have no action............am I doing something wrong?

Bill Clark

Bill Clark
Windows 10, Ver 2004
CPU I5-8600K 5.2GHz
GPU Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
RAM 32G

Pushing on the Altitude button seems to have no action............am I doing something wrong?

It depends...

If you're in VNAV and you press the ALT button in (click on the center of the altitude wheel), and it's not climbing, then you're probably just confused on how it works.

Pressing the ALT button is like using ALT INTV button in the NGX (in fact, it's the same function, just in a different location). If you level off at an intermediate altitude, you can press the ALT button to resume the climb after rolling the altitude higher than your current altitude, but at or below your FMC CRZ altitude. The inverse can be said about the descent. There's a little more to it here, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Other modes would be FL CH and V/S.

Kyle Rodgers

I suggest you go through the 777 tutorial 1.5 found on the PMDG downloads page.

Cheers,
Chris Brand
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,610.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now