Sign in to follow this  
ger

upgrading need help

Hi guys ,

first of all , sorry to post this in this forum but i only fly pmdg and hope you can help me with this,

I m thinking a long while  for upgrading my system for the last time   :)

I m runnung a watercooled oc i7 3770K at 4.5 with a GTX680 card  , and thinking in upgrading towards a GTX980 and i7 4790K or a i7 5820K , i know fsx and P3D are cpu bound  so gonna oc these also  , allready read on the net the max oc possible but every chip is different , i know .

My question is wich chip should be the best buy for the future , maybe towards a 64B platform , are more cores important at that time or frequency .

Thanks in advance ,

Gérard van Veldhoven

Is FSX struggling? if not id just leave it. There isnt a massive difference between those CPU's. Also FSX is like 8/9 years old so going from a 680 to 980 again won't be massive.

Hi , no fsx is running just fine , i m also using P3D right now and it seems P3D is developing a 64 B platform , allthough it seems it s gonna a take a time before it will be released but wan t to be ready for that ,

The only time i m having problems is when i m desending into heavy clouded areas , my frames drop to 12 -13 (P3D) and thinking a GTX980 with more ram can maybe solve this , , and IF  more cores is better for  a 64B platform  i m gonna change that as well 

Best regards ,

Gérard

To be honest I don't think upgrading is going to give you enough of a boost to warrant the cost.

it seems P3D is developing a 64 B platform , allthough it seems it s gonna a take a time before it will be released but wan t to be ready for that ,

By the time P3D is a 64 bit platform, your upgrades will probably be obsolete. If FSX is running okay and you only have that one problem in P3D with descending into a heavy clouds, I would just leave your system alone.