Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Military Airports

I'm looking for some good military airports either pay- ware or free-ware for FSX . I purchased the VRS F/A 18 E and TacPack and really love it. I thought it would be nice to enhance the experience with some decent military bases. Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to the Superbug; it's an amazing aircraft, easily on par with PMDG in terms of being a study sim.

This is a great page / site for a ton of freeware stuff military:

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Scenes.htm

I linked the scenery page specifically; there's links to a lot of various top notch freeware scenery there, across the various file sites and forums.  There's a few bases listed there done by Jim Dhaenens, those are very, very good.

A lot of the FS9 MAIW stuff works well in FSX too.

Speaking of the Superbug, there's a very decent freeware Lemoore scenery extremely close to release.  A early version was released a little while ago, but it's worthwhile to wait for the new one with a photoreal base.  Not sure where it'll end up being uploaded.

A lot of the military stuff tends to be freeware, which is good for your wallet to be sure.

If you really get hooked on military jets, there's some really worthwhile other payware options out there as well, like the new Aerosoft F-14, or the upcoming Milviz F-4, or the Metal2Mesh Mirage.  Also, Dino's stuff (in the library here) are top notch freeware jets as well.

Search for "Allen Laughmiller" in the File Library. He has done a lot of military bases. Check them out.

sim-outhouse aka SOH and military ai works aka MAIW are good places for all things mil.

scott s.