Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Eaglesoft Citation X or Cessna Mustang 1

As far as not receiving "empathy", nothing new with Eaglesoft. You guys have been consistently rude with customers on your forum for a long time...and were quite rude to me even though I was the only one who was properly diagnosing the issue (which had nothing to do with Win 8, it was because you had a corrupt download that people were using...this of course turned into a multi-week SAGA because your company refused to even entertain the idea that something was wrong on your side). Even some of the most basic questions on your forum are usually addressed with a "your problem not ours" attitude right out of the gate. Customers have almost no chance of having issues looked at.

Go ahead and don't support Windows 8. Don't support 10 either...because it's architecture is not substantially different from 8. Be my guest...it will only hurt your company. I've been using FSX-Steam on Windows 8.1 lately, and I have aircraft from PMDG, Aerosoft, Carenado, etc. that all run perfectly on it. You can go ahead and blame Windows 8.1 all you want. That might have been perfectly acceptable for the first year it was out. But at this point it's everywhere. SO ignore it...be my guest. I will sit back and chuckle while watching your sales go slowly down the toilet. Due some research about how well software companies typically do when they ignore OS advancements and tie people into using only the version they support. Customers will simply find alternatives.

Bottom line is that security software whether it be AVs or Windows Defender etc...all HATE your .dlls. On top of that you have to install the CitX in safe mode just to get it to lay down. The real issue is why does the upgraded security in Windows 8 hate your dlls so much? I have a feeling that the answer to that would make a lot of your customers pretty uneasy.

I tried, and have tried, so many times to have constructive conversations about this both privately and publically on your company's forums and it always comes down to this: You guys are lazy...and don't want to look into actual issues. You have a catch-all clause in you support that gives you the right to ignore ANY problem for ANY reason due to "system incompatibility" issues ALL THE WHILE not ever STATING exactly what your supported platforms are (you couldn't worm your way out of support tickets if you did...I get it). I know of no other company that would dare do this, and you are very lucky that you are in a niche development geographic because it wouldn't fly anywhere else.

It won't be long before Windows 7 isn't supported. What will you do then...close up shop? Your competitors have all moved on with the changes. You won't. It's not hard to predict what will happen next. The internet is FULL of stories of what happens to complacent software companies who don't stay up to date and treat their customers with disdain...as if they were nuisances.

• Upvote 1

Windows 10 looks promising at this time but we'll all have to evaluate it after it's fully baked.

Whatever OS you run is your business not ours. We refuse to attempt to fix what MS breaks in it's OS or overcome it's security settings for you. We're fine, don't worry for us.

We're too busy to rehash old arguments over OS's and as you know the corrupted file was replaced with our apologies up and down the line to all that were effected including yourself.

Bitterness and expressed hatred will get you no where with us. Good day sir.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Windows 10 looks promising at this time but we'll all have to evaluate it after it's fully baked.

Whatever OS you run is your business not ours. We refuse to attempt to fix what MS breaks in it's OS or overcome it's security settings for you. We're fine, don't worry for us.

We're too busy to rehash old arguments over OS's and as you know the corrupted file was replaced with our apologies up and down the line to all that were effected including yourself.

Bitterness and expressed hatred will get you no where with us. Good day sir.

I have too much going on in my life to harbor hatred or bitterness over something like a Flightsim aircraft. I'm not a hardcore simmer so you can rule that out entirely. I love your aircraft, when it operates correctly  But what you are leaving out is that you forced a customer to perform extensive black box QA on your software before you would even consider it was an issue. That entails wiping out the OS over and over again...performing the same procedures using a scientific method. Had to do all that when you could've just checked the CRC on your wrapper which would have taken 10 seconds. I wouldn't repeat this if it weren't for the fact that you are still on this board and your own message forum being obstinate and rude to your customers. You think you guys would have learned a lesson after that little fiasco...but apparently not. Normally you'd have to fork out at least a few grand to get someone to do your Black Box QA testing...but being stubborn the way I am I did it gratis.

MS didn't "break" their OS in how it relates to Eaglesoft's. They have made changes in areas like security and in other ways the OS is architected. This happens with all OSes. WIndows didn't "break"...your COMPATIBILITY with it broke.

MS generally only supports their latest 2 OS releases. You know what that means when Windows 10 drops at the end of the summer? I give it another year before it's unsupported. I ask you, not out of "bitterness" but out of sincere curiosity, what is Eaglesoft's plan when that happens? Also, did you guys ever settle on a supported platform?

• Upvote 1

Since you asked sincerely. We'll go w/W10 as it may be the only viable OS path forward. For those who hate MS and Windows, there is always Linux.

Understand that we refuse to have W8 on any of our machines simply because it's issues are legend right here in the Avsim W8 forums. B)

Now can we let this go please.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I suppose all add on developers are responsible for Win8.x randomly disconnecting USB mice, yokes and joysticks too. :wacko:

In any case, I feel this thread is drifting far off course and headed south.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bottom line is that security software whether it be AVs or Windows Defender etc...all HATE your .dlls. On top of that you have to install the CitX in safe mode just to get it to lay down. The real issue is why does the upgraded security in Windows 8 hate your dlls so much? I have a feeling that the answer to that would make a lot of your customers pretty uneasy.

Long rants and the AVSIM Terms of Service do not condone inciting, abusive, or trolling type comments.  I think you need to take a deep breath and move on.  In regards to anti-virus security software, I thought it was a well-known fact in the flight simulation communities that you must disable FSX from active scanning during flights and it should never, ever be turned on when you are installing fsx and fsx addons.  You are only asking for problems, now and in the future.  You must also disable your user access controls (UAC) and make sure FSX is running with Admin privileges.  Then you will have a successful installation and you will enjoy fsx and your add-ons a bit more.  When surfing the Internet or downloading software coming from unknown locations (commercial software addons are coming from safe locations), you should turn on your anti-virus program but, when flying, please turn off or disable it for FSX so you can enjoy the game.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10