Sign in to follow this  
TszChun

I have tried everything I can do for anti-aliasing but it doesnt do the trick :(

I have heard some people claiming that setying "Antialiasing Compatibility (DX1x)" to "BioShock2, BioShock" option allows using what we are used to setting for FSX, but I just tried and nothing works :(

Is the only reason that we have no AA that NVIDIA is being difficult?

Victor Roos

Is the only reason that we have no AA that NVIDIA is being difficult?

I don't think any of us here know exactly why AA is not as good in P3D as we would like it, but...

I've found that there are two different settings I use and the AA is just great for me (no shimmering and very few jaggies, if any):

1. Normal Desktop Resolution (1920x1080 for me), 4xAA and FXAA enabled within the sim.

2. DSR 1.33x (2560x1440), 4x AA, FXAA disabled, DSR Smoothness set to 25% in NVidia Control Panel.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I don't think any of us here know exactly why AA is not as good in P3D as we would like it, but...

I've found that there are two different settings I use and the AA is just great for me (no shimmering and very few jaggies, if any):

1. Normal Desktop Resolution (1920x1080 for me), 4xAA and FXAA enabled within the sim.

2. DSR 1.33x (2560x1440), 4x AA, FXAA disabled, DSR Smoothness set to 25% in NVidia Control Panel.

1: What kind of 4xAA do you use? Msaa? Because for me, that doesn't do anything (noticeable)

2: With dsr.. Idk. It makes the image so, washed.. But I'll try the 1.33 ;)

Again, what kind of 4XAA do you use there? :D

Thanks anyway :)

Victor Roos

We do. With DX10 and DX11, FSX/P3D objects slightly differing scales within the sim graphics drawing engine are more complex with antialiasing. P3D and FSXDX10 we use "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" AA instead of "Antialiasing - Setting" AA, as used with DX9. It's not talking about transparency as in 'see-though-glass', but rather it's the way objects overlay each other to make up the scene, and the way the edges of objects blend is more complicated.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1: What kind of 4xAA do you use? Msaa? Because for me, that doesn't do anything (noticeable)

It should be 4xMSAA if it's set within the sim, right? It certainly makes a difference for me from no AA. Notice I also have FXAA ticked to help. I also don't know for sure, but does the MFAA that was implemented in version 347.xx make any difference in P3Dv2? If so, I have MFAA enabled in the NVidia CP.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I cant get anything acceptable without using DSR in 2.5 - I have tried everything else - even with that said I have to crank all of my P3D menu Graphic settings to max except for triple buffering on a 32" benq using display port cable - and never had to use DSR in 2.4 something has definitely changed and not for the better - if They can sort this out I would be a happy camper

Rich Sennett

I cant get anything acceptable without using DSR in 2.5 - I have tried everything else - even with that said I have to crank all of my P3D menu Graphic settings to max except for triple buffering on a 32" benq using display port cable - and never had to use DSR in 2.4 something has definitely changed and not for the better - if They can sort this out I would be a happy camper

Richard did you see this post/tweak over at LM?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/z-fighting-on-textures-shimmering-p3dv-2-5/

Didn't work for me but seems to for some.

The OP is using a Titan.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes, the problem goes away when zoomed in. It can only really be helped by applying transparency SGSSAA with NI at the moment.

Richard did you see this post/tweak over at LM?

I had a feeling it was a zoom issue so I tried ctrl - and ctrl + but that did nothing or shift +and - one of those learned that on one of the aerosoft airbus revisions it helped a lot but not here in P3D 2.5 - going to try edit - be back - thank you

=================================

Well that didnt help much but thanks for trying :)

Rich Sennett

I have the same problem with GTX770 and all the driver versions I have tried before.

Odd, never seen Bold font for menus in P3D ... what P3D license did you buy?

SGSS AA is working for 347.88 Titan X and for 970 GTX ... I don't use SGSS AA (only if I'm testing), 2X MSAA actually works well for most flying, switch to 8XMSAA after departure or after landing and taxi.

I did not V2.5 has a Vsync issue on my Titan X box - doesn't always lock to 30Hz or 60Hz (pending what type of flying), but don't have Vysnc issue on my default v2.5 box using the 970 GTX.

The only suggest I have is to use latest DDU to remove the graphics driver in safe mode, then re-install it.  I've had AA issues before with driver component mis-matches.

Cheers, Rob. 

Didn't work for me but seems to for some.

ClipMode is not specified in the Cameras.cfg for the VC ... so it will assume the default of "Normal".  

I tested this setting and it didn't make a difference on airports I know that have z-bias issues with DX11.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, the problem goes away when zoomed in. It can only really be helped by applying transparency SGSSAA with NI at the moment.

Steve did you read that Z-Fighting post.

Problem is that the flickering does NOT go away when you zoom in as demonstrated in the OP's video.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes that's not the AA issue we were discussing. I'm not sure how that wobbling can be fixed.

Yes that's not the AA issue we were discussing. I'm not sure how that wobbling can be fixed.

Tried your settings Steve still no go LM issue i have tried a ton of settings even upped your NI settings and full on P3D graphic settings no change - whats driving me crazy is it was not there in 2.3 - 2.4 worked out of the box but 2.5 is a a jaggie mess - this is one of the most important parts to me at least is the visual quality of the external graphics - VC is not bad but does have a bit of shimmering - rant over for now

Rich Sennett