Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

SATCOM Antenna Option for the PMDG 777-200LR with the next update?

Hello!

I red that PMDG will give us another Update for our T7. Is it possible to give us the option for equip our 777-200LR´s with a SATCOM/ WIFI Antenna? We can set this option for the -300ER. Initially this option was existing for the LR but PMDG locked this setting. 

So please PMDG: Is it possible to give us this option back within the next Update? I know that there is no real 777-200 with SATCOM Antenna, but maybe we´ll see this later in the future, because more and more airlines using WIFI etc. 

This would be so awesome!!! 

what's the point? Do you need fictive wifi for your fictive passengers ? or .. I don't understand this requirement :)

what's the point? Do you need fictive wifi for your fictive passengers ? or .. I don't understand this requirement :)

Not really! I just love Reality and if Air Canada, for example, wants to equip their 777-200LR´s with SATCOM antennas in the future, it´ll be great to get this "sexy bump" for our simulation, too ;)

I really love the optics of this Birds with Antennas. 

sorry but I see no sense :) my opinion...

regards ..

Ok! But it makes sense for me^^. Really: PMDG modeled this SATCOM Antenna for the 777-200LR initially. I don´t really understand why the decided to lock this feature for us. Ok: There is no real -200LR with SATCOM antennas out there right now, but there is no real American Airlines  -200LR out there. There are tons of liveries for the 777-200LR available, even if those airlines don´t operate -200LR´s. This is quite unrealistic, too, but hey, it´s a simulation. Maybe it´s not a big deal for PMDG to making the SATCOM Antenna available for our 777-200LR. 

This option does make sense because Emirates has started to install them on the 777-200LR. Look up A6-EWJ on Airliners.net its the latest one to get the satcom.

Kyle Richardson

✈✈ F L Y D E L T A J E T S ✈✈

This option does make sense because Emirates has started to install them on the 777-200LR. Look up A6-EWJ on Airliners.net its the latest one to get the satcom.

+1

I'm with you. Waste of a polygon or 2

David Porrett

Ok! But it makes sense for me^^. Really: PMDG modeled this SATCOM Antenna for the 777-200LR initially. I don´t really understand why the decided to lock this feature for us. Ok: There is no real -200LR with SATCOM antennas out there right now, but there is no real American Airlines  -200LR out there. There are tons of liveries for the 777-200LR available, even if those airlines don´t operate -200LR´s. This is quite unrealistic, too, but hey, it´s a simulation. Maybe it´s not a big deal for PMDG to making the SATCOM Antenna available for our 777-200LR. 

I agree with you for adding the antenna on the -200LR, Emirates has been adding them to the -200LR, Etihad Airways has the antenna on all their -200LRs.

I like the Idea .....I hope PMDG consider :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

As I understand .. your concern is to have a bit texture on the fuselage? 

Not really. All i wanna have is an option to equip the -200LR version of our T7 with a SATCOM Antenna, because i wanna fly Emirates and Etihad 777-200LR´s for example. And these Airlines upgraded their -200LR´s with SATCOM Antennas. So it would be cool to get the most realistic look in the simulator. And PMDG has some pictures with this Antenna for the 777-200LR on their Website. They planned to include this Option but they locked this option for us, as you can see here: 

pmdg_777_exterior_14.jpg

PMDG said that they exclude this feature because there was no real 777-200LR with these Antennas out there. Now, some years later, more and more airlines equip their -200LR with WIFI Antennas

sorry ... This is completely out of my thinking  :rolleyes:

Hopefully that will be added ..  :lol: