Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Milton's Beech 18 is out!

Guest FattyBear

This plane is excellent. However, is it possible to change the aircraft.cfg to allow me to taxi using the rudder? I don't have rudder pedals and this makes it very difficult to taxi using differential braking.

Guest Milton

There are instructions in the aircraft.cfg Contact Points section to do this. The same instructions can be found on the support website in the FAQ's. :-)

Ya'know, I was never really a big fan of the Beech 18....until now!! Wow! I have most of the teams designs (Dash 7 my fav!), for many reasons, but more so as I have a ton of respect for Milton, Scott and Andre for their efforts to push the design limits for gifts like this to the community, when they could easily charge for them, they are that good. That being said, thanks guys for another great addition to our hobby!For anyone just curious, you really owe it to yourself to check this one out, it's very surreal to look at it spot view as it looks like a photo, amazing textures and she is silky smooth on my rig, in all views. This is a perfect example of detail vs performance IMO. I rarely use the 2D but this one is so close to the VC I get lost and then realise later which view I am in! LOL This is an unexpected treat, I'm off to do some flying now!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Milton

Gentlemen,Thank you a bunch for all the great kudos; we truly appreciate the comments.These 8-11 month projects tend to wear on us a bit but comments like these fuel the next project. We appreciate you and all of the folks noted in our readme's for their contributions without which, hmmm somewhat less a product. :-)For those of you who can handle them, there is another model available that includes the VCRain effects. I didn't include it in the general release because people like me with low-end computers just can't handle it.If you wish, you can download this VC model from the support site:http://www.flightsimonline.com/d18s/downloads.htmPlease try not to overwhelm my paltry server. :-)Also, if you are interested, Andr

Guest Henri W

Brilliant. I can only echo what others have already said about this remarkable plane.Thanks so much to Milton, Scott and Andre for their hard and highly appreciated work. The amount of time they have put into this masterpiece must be enormous.Henri

Guest DOK

I'm just back from my first test flight, and can only second what's been said so far:Drop-dead gorgeous and flies like a dream.A million thanks to Milton, Scott and Andr

Guest Milton

>Excellent plane. Thanks to Milton and the gang!>>And a video of my flight in the CWH Beech 18>>>>>>http://www.virtual-speed.com/stiff/media/beech_18.wmv>>>XP Home SP2>Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZ>DDR 400 D/C 2x512MB>Leadtek 6800GT 256MB (71.84)>SB Audigy>MSFF2 & X45 throttle>>See you in the fence...>>CYYZGreat video altstiff ... I could feel the bumps and the excitement :-)

Guest cliffie1931

Miltom firstly may I add my compliments for a great work?I have a problem however, which may or may not be related to your Beech, in that soon after leaving the ground my Joystick becomes inoperative.As I don't have this problem with any other plane in my Hanger I'd appreciate your comments.Cliff(In Spain)

Guest Milton

Thanks Cliff :-)Unfortunately, none of the team or alpha testers have a joystick, and none of the 40 beta testers mentioned a joystick issue (if theu have one). But, I know someone who has a FF joystick and I will ask him to assist with this question. I'll report back here or you can write to me using the email address in the documentation.

Guest cliffie1931

Milton thanks for replying so promtly and in such a helpful manner.I've solved the proble with a reinstallation. Eureka!Regards,Cliff

Guest Milton

Ahhh, that's great Cliff. I appreciate you coming back to close the loop here. Thanks.

Guest diajohn2

Milton, I usually fly large Jets such as PMDG and LDS but try props from time to time. This one is surely a winner. It flys great and looks great. You guys may convert me yet and it will stay on my HD.Now if I could learn to properly steer on the ground.

Milton,Allow us to offer a Tip O' the Hat to you and your Team for the '18!Have always loved this bird and you all have really done her justice!Now to try to clear my schedule so I can enjoy her some more:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Milton

The tailwheel lock and toebrakes are key to proper groundhandling, in concert with thinking ahead and easing a directional turn before achieving the desired heading. If you have the new throttle quad, some assistance with differential power can help. :-)Thanks and Have fun