Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Milton's Beech 18 is out!

Guest Milton

Check out the co-pilot's knee panel. :-)

Guest Milton

Look for the Lear L2 Pilot ... might be a bit hard to find if you look around much. Try looking straight ahead. ;-)

Guest diajohn2

I continue to be amazed. I am used to the PMDG, LDS and ATR paywares but this thing just blows me away. What a pleasure to fly while the payware is taking some well deserved maintenance checks.Thanks guys, this is a winner.

Guest av84fun

What they all said. And since I hate the "as good as payware" comment, I won't use it...but I guess I just did. What I mean is that the PRICE of an add-on has NOTHING to do with its quality. This machine is AS GOOD AS IT GETS AT ANY PRICE OR NO PRICE!BTW, while I don't have any left seat time in a B-18 I have several hours in the right seat but with limited stick time. However, I've got a bunch of "fairly large twin time" including B-90 King Airs and Chieftons and can say with some conviction that the flight model seems outstanding!Regars,Jim

I too, have to agree with all the other comments. I installed this beaut a couple of days ago and have been flying her almost exclusively. Thanks a million or two.Just two questions though: 1) Is there a rudder trim adjustment? I see the dial on the panel but can't find the adjustmant knob. 2) Are there carb heating levers? Although in reality , as far as FS9 is concerned, these probably don't actualy have an effect anyway.Also I noticed that to adjust the cowl flaps, having tool tips on and a mouse with a wheel helps to know how many degrees they are opened or if they are closed. Great job guys!!!!

Guest Milton

Thanks :-)Rudder trim adhustment is over/slightly behind the pilot's head. You'll see the crank. :-)Carb heating levers may work if you change the aircraft.cfg from fuel_metering_type = 0 to 1 in the Piston Engine Data.Hope this helps.

Guest dogknot

>Thanks :-)>>Rudder trim adhustment is over/slightly behind the pilot's>head. You'll see the crank. :-)>>Carb heating levers may work if you change the aircraft.cfg>from fuel_metering_type = 0 to 1 in the Piston Engine Data.>>Hope this helps.Thanks Milton!! I was wondering about the carb heat levers too. The tweak to the fuel_metering_type did indeed activate the levers in all three views (2D/popup/VC). The carb heat gauge also works now when heat is applied as well as an audible change to the rpm/manifold. My thanks too for another great (and fun) aircraft from the FlightSimOnline Team!

Guest georg

Very nice video! It was really motivational and immediately made me downloading the addon! :)

Guest spookymufu

>Heck of a landing there Spook, glad I wasn't a passenger!>LOL>>Cool music, who is it?>>Regards, MichaelI've landed it three times and I've bounced every time, I guess I'm comming in too hot....music is "The Calling: Where Ever You Will Go"

Guest delta_one

hi - i posted earlier about the front two wheels being sunk into the ground on my fs9, anyone know how to make them level with the ground, as the rear wheel is aligned ok.:-)

Guest dogknot

>hi - i posted earlier about the front two wheels being sunk>into the ground on my fs9, anyone know how to make them level>with the ground, as the rear wheel is aligned ok.>>:-) This will put a little more air in your front tires:In the aircraft.cfg under "contact_points" change the default entry:point.1 = 1, 2.890, -6.417, -5.987, 2200, 1, 0.8, 0, 1.15, 1.1, 0.50, 5, 5, 2, 139, 175.2point.2 = 1, 2.890, 6.417, -5.987, 2200, 2, 0.8, 0, 1.15, 1.1, 0.50, 5, 5, 3, 139, 175.2to thispoint.1 = 1, 2.890, -6.417, -6.110, 2200, 1, 0.8, 0, 1.15, 1.1, 0.50, 5, 5, 2, 139, 175.2point.2 = 1, 2.890, 6.417, -6.110, 2200, 2, 0.8, 0, 1.15, 1.1, 0.50, 5, 5, 3, 139, 175.2Be sure and make a backup copy of the aircraft.cfg before making changes so you can go back to the original if needed.

Considering the weight up front, it looks right to me, BUT you can change these numbers in the aircraft CFG and it'll be lighter on the wheels. Back up your CFG first in case you don't like it. To make it even higher, increase the number slightly.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir Internationalhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120941.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW