Sign in to follow this  
Martin_Starski

Transition Level / Transition Altitude

Hello,

I have a question concerning TA and TL - it's something for me that is missing in case of fs2crew dedicated to DH8D.

I know that for example in case of NGX both TA and TL can be entered to FMC and thus fs2crew has the possibility to import such data and inform about crossing TA or TL.

In case of DH8D by Majestic such information cannot be entered anywhere, but maybe it's possible to enter such information to fs2crew control panel thanks to which the message about TA / TL can be generated.

Is it possible?

If not, is it a chance that you will consider to add such solution in next updated or patch?

Regards,

Marcin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Marcin,

There's no need to enter it since the PF (that's you) calls it out based on the SOPs we modeled.

From the manual:

Note: When passing the TRANSITION ALTITUDE, speak: "2 9 9 2 SET CROSS CHECK" or "1 0 1 3 SET CROSS CHECK" if you are outside the United States or Canada.

Yes, I know this.

In fact I thought that there can be some kind of reminder that we are crossing TA/TL as it takes place in case of PMDG NGX for example.

But on the other hand it could be not as real as it is.

In fact I thought that there can be some kind of reminder that we are crossing TA/TL as it takes place in case of PMDG NGX for example

We modeled it the way they do it at this one particular airline.

Everyone's different... million ways to skin a cat.

We modeled it the way they do it at this one particular airline.

Everyone's different... million ways to skin a cat.

May I ask, was it USA based airline?

I am asking because TA (Transition Altitude) can be as low as a few thousand feet in Europe. Altimeter settings is in FS2Crew part of Descent checklist to the line. Way before one will get clearance to descent to or below TA (e.g. 5000 ft).

Yes it was Colgan... they're not in business anymore.