Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

permissions and folder ownership

Hi

I'm having massive problems in trying to get simconnect to work on my client and server pc's

I have been through everything that should be installed and checked all spelling punctuation etc and as far as I can see all is ok

As far as I can tell My sharing and windows firewalls are ok,as I can change and save files on the server pc while using the client pc but when I try to run the AI Traffic on the client pc to test the connection it starts and stops immediately

I was having a look at the folder ownership of the fsx files in the C:\users\myname\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx and this shows that the SYSTEM is the owner while as far as I can see most others required are either adminstrator or me could this be a cause for simconnect not to work?

also bit left field but should folders for programs I want to run on the client pc also require to be shared?

I havent found anything online to say yes but as I currently don't have them shared this also might be the reason.

Cheers for any ideas on what to try

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had some strange problems when first setting up SimConnect. I did everything by the book, UAC off, but couldn't get it to work.

I found a freeware called Take Ownership, ran that on all relevant directories, and voillá, all good.

I'm on Win7 Ultimate by the way.

Cheers,

Hope you got the guidance from the AVSIM CTD Guide! We have a lot of other tips for you to try.

Best regards,