Sign in to follow this  
machie

Airsimmer and prepar

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can use The Airsimmer Airbus with Prepar or Prepar V2.5?

Airsimmer was made for FS9. It didn't always work on that platform very well. It won't work on these other ones. Aerosoft Airbus or wait for the FSL Airbus. Those are pretty much your options.

NAX669.png

Thanks Michael,

I am trying to become proficient with the Airbus so that I can fly all the Jetstar routes for my FTG Virtual Airline (Qantas Group QF001). I have put this off over the years---I am a retired pilot but never had any Airbus time (It’s all Greek to me). I bought the Aerosoft version but the Saitek X-52 Rhino Throttle Quad will not work with that sim. I bought the Black Box airbus which will work but I cannot find a way to update the Airac Data Base. Navigraph does not produce a data base for black box.—so I am looking for another product---Navigraph does make an Air Simmer Data Pack but it looks like the product will not work with Prepar.

What is FLS?

Cheers

Dorn

I

Flight Sim Labs.  They are developing an study level A320.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

What is FLS?

Dorn,

It's Flight Sim Labs. They've been developing an A320 for quite a while now. It promises to be on a PMDG level for an Airbus. It's anyone's guess when it will finally be released. Have you tried Aerosoft support to see if they can help you with your throttle problem?

NAX669.png

Thank You Gentlemen,

I am going to go into aerosoft support---have not had much luck there in the past--but never say never--I know that when I loaded up the Black Box Airbus the first thing that I needed to do was calibrate the throttle through a Menu LSK on the MCDU-- (this was Highlighted in RED on the first page of the Manual and the Training Tutorial as well) do you know is this is also necessary on the Aerosoft 320/321 version?

Michael I see that you are an Orbx supporter---I just put a stunning Orbx Alice Springs Airport in my sim this week (filling in a lot of little airports to go with my Global/Vector/Aus Orbx Scenery0—but I was only able to find a rather funky Scenery for the Adelaide Airport---I see that you are a member of Qantas Virtual and thought you might know of a good Adelaide scenery---or any other Australian airports of high quality---I have over 1800 hrs. with my Virtual but most of my Qantas Flight are international (not all of course)—I am now starting to fill in and fly all the Qantas/Jet Star Domestic routes and really learn the Geography of Australia. I am a retired guy and once I feel as if I really have a handle of the Local geography I think I will take myself and my wife on a 30+ day of touring around Australia.

Off to the Aerosoft site!

Cheers

Dorn

Dorn,

I have Adelaide X that I got from the PC Aviator site. I have some of Orbx airports in Australia, at least the ones that will accommodate an airliner. I'm using P3D and X-Plane X exclusively so I float between the two. Qantas Virtual allows you to use P3D and XPX. I also fly for British Airways Virtual and they are SLOWLY transitioning to XPX and maybe in the future P3D.

NAX669.png

Michael,

I have the Adelaide X but looking for something more involved like the Fly Tampa or FSDreamteam and FlightBeam stuff .

Is all flying at your Qantas Virtual Airline done with Vatsim---or can you fly off Vatsim—I am not a big fan of Vatsim because it is often sketchy with coverage and I love my PRO ATC with tons of real life chatter on vaus routes.

Dorn,

I don't use vatsim. I fly offline exclusively. I don't believe there is any other Adelaide scenery. Orbx has gotten out of the business of doing large airports.

NAX669.png

Good info  might think about trying to qualify for Qantas virtual to go along with my FTG membership

Good info might think about trying to qualify for Qantas virtual to go along with my FTG membership

Check them out. It's a well run organization. I really like it.

NAX669.png