Sign in to follow this  
Akila

RNAV Approach or RNP Approach how to read Chart?

out of all this

RNAV (GNSS) with LNAV only (not LNAV/VNAV) on a chart (ICAO Airports/charts - outside the US) is considured RNP or not?

In ICAO-land, they somewhat confused the terms, but in a way that somewhat makes sense. Previously, we used "RNP" globally as a term to say that "a particularly low ANP is required to fly this approach." In reality though, even an oceanic crossing is an RNP type of operation (as is generic cruise), and that is what the new ICAO use refers to. Even though the basic lateral nav approach is technically RNP. It's just not a low RNP like an RNP AR, and does not require specific equipage.

That's my understanding of it, based on what my ICAO contacts have explained to me in working with our Procedures branch.

Kyle Rodgers