Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Question about Orbx Airports

I also thought you needed Global to have the major airports.   Anyways Global is worth it.  I just use Global + Regions + Airports.  

Sedona is a must. Amazing scenery.

Palm Springs to Sedona in the turbine duke is incredible.

Hirdy

Yes i have Sedona,  its very good.  I will be picking up Palm Springs and Jackson's later.  The fact that Palm and Sedona are so close together * about 230NM i think*, makes it an attractive purchase 

Their stance is a little misleading on that. Global is not required for it to work, rather it's designed to blend with Global textures. So if you use it with MegaScenery Earth or GEX there maybe some differences in the colors at the edges of the scenery. Jarred himself has confirmed that in their forum as some people are using It layered on top of MegaScenery Earth. Of course they say Global is required is because they want you to buy it as well, but it works without it as well.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86649-the-desert-oasis-introducing-palm-springs-international-airport/page-2

As far as their other airports that are designed to be used in their regions, the ones I mention prior work fine without having the appropriate regions installed. In the case of Monterey, since I don't have it I can't say how well it work. But if your handy with some of the freeware design tools and check for duplicate AFCADS and vector data from UTX or Vector, you can probably solve the "cliff" issue without buying the region pack.

Wish I had read your post before I purchased NA Gold Northern California late last night. Unfortunately, I am not a wizard with freeware design tools to check duplicate AFCADS, nor do I have any MSE or GEX sceneries. Take a look at the screenshot below. At first I thought it was duplicate BGLsWeirdSceneryAtOrbxsMonterey.jpg

Take a look at the screenshot below. At first I thought it was duplicate BGLs

Have you run the latest Orbtx Libs?? 

Negative this was the first airport where they did not require a region same goes for Sedona which I have my eye on after I get a working Hawker - Sedona to Palm Springs would be a nice flight

Hi Rich. Maybe I've just read your post in time to stop me shelling out $62 for their Global Base as I've already picked up Palm Springs, so hoping as per you stating 'negative', I may not require it. Have not tried Palm Springs yet.

That Sedona looks attractive too.

Have you run the latest Orbtx Libs?? 

Hi Elaine. Yes, I have Orbx  FTX AA Libs that is topmost in the Scenery Library, but have no idea if it is the latest. How would I be able to verify that?

IsThisOrbxPalmSpringsorDefault.jpgJust to verify Rich's advice that I do not meed Global Base for Palm Springs to function properly, fired up the sim and loaded Palm Springs but am sure if the attached screenshot of Palm Springs is the default airport or is it what the Orbx version really looks like? Orbx experts here may be able to clue me. Thanks.

Rick,  you need to always load Orbtx Libs Last.  So if you update or change your Scenery,  you need to then run the Libs installer Last!! Every time

Go here,  then go to the bottom of the page and download the latest Libs

https://fullterrain.com/support

Orbx Libraries P3Dv2   Version 150331   31st March 2015
  • New library objects
  • FTX Central v2 Installer
LEGAL NOTICE: The Orbx libraries (Orbxlibs) are licensed for use ONLY with Orbx products licensed by our customers. Whilst they are freely distributed on this site and our forums it is for the support of our own products only. It is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN to modify, use, call GUIDs, reference, extract or in anyway make use of Orbxlibs in any software project be it freeware, donation ware or payware. Any mis-use of Orbxlibs will invoke legal action.
DOWNLOAD

Rick,  you need to always load Orbtx Libs Last.  So if you update or change your Scenery,  you need to then run the Libs installer Last!! Every time

Go here,  then go to the bottom of the page and download the latest Libs

https://fullterrain.com/support

Orbx Libraries P3Dv2   Version 150331   31st March 2015

• New library objects
  • FTX Central v2 Installer
LEGAL NOTICE: The Orbx libraries (Orbxlibs) are licensed for use ONLY with Orbx products licensed by our customers. Whilst they are freely distributed on this site and our forums it is for the support of our own products only. It is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN to modify, use, call GUIDs, reference, extract or in anyway make use of Orbxlibs in any software project be it freeware, donation ware or payware. Any mis-use of Orbxlibs will invoke legal action.
DOWNLOAD

You star, Elaine. Just before reading your most helpful post I went to the FTX page and commenced downloading the latest OrbxLibs for P3D v2.

So, I have to run that OrbxLibs installer each time I add an Orbx scenery? Is that right?

And if you look at the screenshot, what you are saying is that OrbxLibs should be at the bottom of that pile as arrowed?

SecneryLibrary.jpg

Rick

Your post #19 screenshot does not look to me like the Orbx version.

It will take me too long to fire up FSX to do a screenshot of my Orbx Palm Springs (installed over FSX Default) but go to the screenshots on the product page on the Orbx/FTX website and you will notice the difference. Make an allowance for them being based on Global.

Gary

So, I have to run that OrbxLibs installer each time I add an Orbx scenery? Is that right?

Yes every time you add anything from Orbtx,  weather it be an update or Airport or Scenery you have to run the Orbtx Libbs Installer,  and this has to be done last.

Heres what i do,

I open up FTX Global,  Click on the Europe icon and hit apply and then close FTX Global.  I then run the Orbtx Libs.  

Open up FTX Global again, Click on Global/World and hit apply, and then close FTX Global.  Again run Orbtx Libs. 

I am baffled.  Before,  people keep telling me I need base package to install if I want to use PAJN Juneau and PAKT Keitchen airports.

Now all of you are saying that PAJN and PAKT as well as Jackson Hole airport run fine with FSX default ground textures??????????????

signCopy.jpg

And if you look at the screenshot, what you are saying is that OrbxLibs should be at the bottom of that pile as arrowed?

OOPS be careful in there,  i never go in there.  Orbtx products have a way of installing themselves correctly and into there own order. 

To be honest looking at that screen shot i might as well be looking into a dark room.  Ive never had a problem with order,  i just run the installer and then the libs last.

The only problem i have had with any Orbtx stuff is the runways and scenery floating in the air.  The cause of this was that i didn't have my Mesh Resolution at 5 it has to be at 5

Rick

Your post #19 screenshot does not look to me like the Orbx version.

It will take me too long to fire up FSX to do a screenshot of my Orbx Palm Springs (installed over FSX Default) but go to the screenshots on the product page on the Orbx/FTX website and you will notice the difference. Make an allowance for them being based on Global.

Gary

Hi Gary. Thanks for your help.

Yes, I did go to the FTX website and make comparisons, but I only did it with Monterey. I've just installed all the SPs for PNW as per the instructions in FTX Central.

Thanks, Elaine, for that advice re:running OrbxLibs each time

OOPS be careful in there,  i never go in there.  Orbtx products have a way of installing themselves correctly and into there own order. 

To be honest looking at that screen shot i might as well be looking into a dark room.  Ive never had a problem with order,  i just run the installer and then the libs last.

The only problem i have had with any Orbtx stuff is the runways and scenery floating in the air.  The cause of this was that i didn't have my Mesh Resolution at 5 it has to be at 5

I've just run OrbxLibs and if it places itself at the top of the pile, you recommend,------ as per what I glean you are saying above------I leave it at the top where Orbx/P3D v2.5  places it?

I am baffled.  Before,  people keep telling me I need base package to install if I want to use PAJN Juneau and PAKT Keitchen airports.

Now all of you are saying that PAJN and PAKT as well as Jackson Hole airport run fine with FSX default ground textures??????????????

???????????????

I don't know either. What I do know, is if I was stuck with FSX ground textures for the rest of my simming life, then I'd probably just give in, and go completely to X-Plane. X-Plane has wonderful mountains!  But..............thanks to Orbx Global, everything between Orbx airports changes for the better. Much better!  I do a lot of switching between FSX and X-Plane. I'll fly the Jackson Hole, Yellowstone area with FSX/Orbx, and then head into some mountainous area with X-Plane.  As I drop down into some valleys, X-Plane becomes repetitious farmlands, with blank airports (as in runways only), and that's where Orbx Global does such a makeover. It changes the default land class and airport environment completely.  Default FSX airports are no longer default. The stock buildings change, the airport traffic and support vehicles change, etc. Lighting looks great at dusk, the farm lands take on a photo-real appearance as you gain altitude, and more. Just switch back to default FSX, (which can easily be done for comparison) for an understanding of the meaning of yuck!

Note: To be fair, X-Plane can be occupied with airport downloads too. Orbx Global just has a way of changing scenery for so much area, with the simplicity of the install. It's worth every penny,  especially during a sale. I picked it up on the holiday sale at the end of last year. I think I'll go for Palm Springs on this one.

I have run the latest OrbxLibs; I have updated with the latest Service Packs, yet take a look at these 2 screenshots at Monterey. It is clearly an Orbx airport as I have made comparisons with the FTX Product page, and yet, as circled, I see those chasms. I'm totally baffled

MontereyAfterSPEtc2.jpg

MontereyAfterSPEtc.jpg

I've just run OrbxLibs and if it places itself at the top of the pile, you recommend,------ as per what I glean you are saying above------I leave it at the top where Orbx/P3D v2.5  places it?

I never look at my scenery order,  i just run the Libbs last.  I will be in front of my Simming PC tonight and will report back then.

Orbtx does recommend you have the Global package to get full use and enjoyment from the major airports 

At long last, and that without having to run Global Base as Orbx Product page advised----even though I did not purchase it----I managed to get Palm Springs to look as per the FTX screenshots for it. Score 1 with Palm Springs. Still at Score 0 for Monterey though. Looks like I may have to run that NA Gold Northern California for it.

OrbxPalmSprings.jpg

I never look at my scenery order,  i just run the Libbs last.  I will be in front of my Simming PC tonight and will report back then.

Orbtx does recommend you have the Global package to get full use and enjoyment from the major airports 

Thanks, Elaine. You star. Have to vacate my PC now as the usual Saturday afternoon shopping must be done!

Look forward to your update later.