Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Favorite airport scenery?

I am wondering what peoples favorite ORBX airports are.  I am thinking about buying a few.  Any suggestions?

Josh Scholl

Queenstown on the New Zealand south island is very nice. I think you'll need the southern NZ region installed though. Having said that, NZ north and south are some of the best sceneries you can get for FSX, I think. :-)

Of course, it depends whether you're a GA flyer or big jets. There are loads of nice ones for little aircraft but I don't fly those!

Best wishes,

Luke

Any particular FTX regions you're interested in, or Global airports outside the current ORBX regions?

Kind of flying (bush, mountains, shorelines, airliners)?

Single airports (like the epic FTX KPSP) or bundle titles like FTX KBLU?

How important are detailed surroundings or photoreal coverage? (FTX KJAC comes with a 3 GB installer for the surrounding photoscenery!)

I am wondering what peoples favorite ORBX airports are.  I am thinking about buying a few.  Any suggestions?

It all depends on what FTX Sceneries you have.

For FTX Global: Palm Springs & Sedona & AYPY

For AU: YPEC & YCDR  & YBCS

For PNW: 3W5 & 1S2 & KORS

For Northern California: KRDD & KTVL & KMRY. The latest KBLU is also a very special package.

There are way too many great airports. It's better if you focus on a region or FTXG, then add some airports.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I usually fly large jets but I recently started flying Carenado single prop and RAS Turbine Duke.

I am unfamiliar with New Zealand but the images look nice.

Currently Regions I own:

Northern California

PNW

Pacific Fjords

Southern Alaska

Northern and Central Rockies

Australia

Airports:

KPSP

EGHI

EGKA

YBBN

YMMI

YSCH

1S2

1WA6

2WA1

74S

CYBD

CZST

KBZN

KCMW

KJAC

KMRY

KORS

KRDD

KSFF

KTVL

PAJN

PAKT

Josh Scholl

Cool lineup.   B)

Check out YBCS, KBLU, PAHO.

KSEZ is great also, but it's part of the ORBX Freeware Global Airports packs already, and for the surroundings there are alternatives like Ultimate VFR Arizona - your call.

I think that KSEZ is must have. You can add free OZx_World Grand Canyon photoscenery with KGCN airport and make trips between KSEZ and KGCN. It is about twenty minutes flight.

There is video from that sightseeing flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCysx-p7Eqo

In Sednona you can enjoy some fun with Duke - main video idea starts at 5:00 and see next minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-cuenzDTQ

Palm Springs (KPSP). I have it without global, works fine.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions. I got some thinking to do. I have one more question. I have global but also megasceneryearth. Is there a way to disable global and use my megasceneryearth? There use to be a option to go from regions to default fsx scenery but since ftx central 2, I don't see it any more.

Josh Scholl