Supermalc

GPS functionality

Hi Guys

Let's face it the FMS isn't really very good, the main problem I have with it is its taking over altitude control and climbing or descending the aircraft without me confirming it. I think this must be very unrealistic. Stil,l no problem, I use avlairsoft EFB and that loads a flight plan into the GPS, using the current AIRAC too. So I've now got control over the altitude and can use flight plans with current waypoints, SIDS and STARS. So when flying with VATSIM I can follow their instructions regarding altitude. Then I tried simulating a "proceed to waypoint xyz and resume own navigation" but I couldn't make the gps do a go-to no matter what buttons I clicked. Is this s bit inop functionality? Do I really have to buy the Reality XP gps to make this rather nice airplane work properly?

Malcolm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Reality XP GPS is very nice, but it does not allow you to load a flight plan into the GPS...

You have to create the flightplan on the GNS unit, using its navdata base, which is out of date..

So that may not solve your problem..

Ah yes, I remember reading that earlier, thanks for reminding me! So that rules out the Reality unit. Guess I will just have to came to terms with using the FMC as that will do a Direct To. Bit disappointing.

The Garmin is so far out of date that it is pretty useless, especially if you plan to use any current flight plan because many of the waypoints don't exist in the Nav database. Not sure how much I'll be able to fly this aircraft. There is current Nav data for some Carenado products out on Navigraph. However, the only other Carenado product I have is the Cessna 172. I wonder how hard it would be to import that new Nav data into the B1900D.

Dan

Edited by golfermd
Correction

On 9/27/2017 at 0:45 PM, golfermd said:

The Garmin is so far out of date that it is pretty useless, especially if you plan to use any current flight plan because many of the waypoints don't exist in the Nav database. Not sure how much I'll be able to fly this aircraft. There is current Nav data for some Carenado products out on Navigraph. However, the only other Carenado product I have is the Cessna 172. I wonder how hard it would be to import that new Nav data into the B1900D.

Dan

If a 1513 navdata set will help you, send me a PM with your email address.

It is one of the last WW navdata sets that includes small (<4000 feet) airstrips.