Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

Carenado F33A vs. A2A Cessna 182 ?

Undoubtedly A2A ! For what you want to do, forget the other !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Yep, kind of a Frankenthread, but what the heck. 

I expect you're referring to the new Reality Expansion Pack that's just been released for the XP version of the F33.  I wonder if anyone who's flown a comparable A2A plane - say the Comanche - and the F33 with the new REP could comment and compare.  The REP certainly sounds interesting, but does it really take the XP F33 to A2A levels?  Color me just a bit skeptical for a number of practical reasons, including the ability of the A2A to include a variety of full-featured GPS's from F1, RXP and Mindstar, but my mind remains open.

Scott

Well Scott, I just picked up the combination of the F33 and REP today, so I really can't judge yet.  I do own and fly all of A2A's GA offerings as well as a few of their warbirds. I should of, however, phrased my sentence slightly differently: "In XP, as of now, the F33 looks to be very much on par with A2A type offerings!".

There's obviously differences in platforms, in that you reference F1, RXP and Mindstar.  A2A isn't alone in integration in MSFS based sims, but in XP we have a generally decent GNS unit bundled with the platform and that's all.  There's also the fact that the newer A2A offerings are graphically superior to the older Carenado textures.

Aside from that however, I was talking about systems depth, and so far, from what I can tell, REP adds a ton of it, including all the little stuff like flooding and the effects of oil viscosity at cold temps, wear on components, damage, etc.

It remains to be seen, however, if it manages to unseat my favorite 'in-depth' GA, which is still Marcel Felde's DA-20.  I prefer it above all of A2A's aircraft.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The Bonanza is about 30 knots faster and will preform better FPS wise.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Real world airplane comparison:

WINNER - Bonanza F33

Simulated / Brand comparison

WINNER - A2A C182

...both clear winners in their category.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)