Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

NE using resources during the day?

Let me preface this post with - I love this product and its visuals. I put it in order of importance right up there with ASN and EZCA for enhancements.

I spent a couple frustrating nights trying to figure out why FSX was stuttering and 7 - 10 FPS slower than usual during the day. I said "day" because I eventually found the culprit, I had forgotten to turn off NE California (I turn it off because I am wasn't sure it created problems during the day) and when I flew  out of LAX at 16:00 hrs I couldn't believe the hit. As soon as I disabled NE, everything was back to normal. I don't even get that kind of hit when using NE at night. I thought NE doesn't come on during the day. I know this sounds like a gripe, but I remember reading in a post by Chris that NE was not a problem during the day.

Hi Ric

thank you very much for your support and for your kind words; we love hearing from our customers

to answer your question; yes NE will use resource’s during the day!

this is stated in the manual as well; we advise to deactivate NE during day time flights,

our lights don’t come on during the day that is true; but FSX still doesn’t unload the library!

atm there is no efficient way to turn off models in FSX, i have requested LM to support this function in future releases,

note that it’s not that NE has issues during the day; its FSX that turns on allot more features that are unused during night

i use SimStarter (aside for its amazing features and tweaks) to create a night flight profiles

Sim Starter makes it a very simple single click to get inflight exactly the way you want it

it take only few minutes to select what you want to load in this profile

(many customers have a daytime profile and night time profile; if not few more customized profiles)

you can select which sceneries to activate; which to keep turned off

and every single parameter you can configure inside FSX controls

as well as advance fsx.cfg entries for a particular profile, and much much more

for those who push allot of elements; they key is to balance your scenery

simply put this tool is amazing with helping you achieve this, Capt. Pero has donated his work for free

highly suggest you integrate it in your tool bag

other than Scenery Config Editor, this is the only tool i use to manage all my FSX settings

so effectively these are the only two tools I use to manage FSX daily

Hi Ric

thank you very much for your support and for your kind words; we love hearing from our customers

to answer your question; yes NE will use resource’s during the day!

this is stated in the manual as well; we advise to deactivate NE during day time flights,

our lights don’t come on during the day that is true; but FSX still doesn’t unload the library!

atm there is no efficient way to turn off models in FSX, i have requested LM to support this function in future releases,

note that it’s not that NE has issues during the day; its FSX that turns on allot more features that are unused during night

i use SimStarter (aside for its amazing features and tweaks) to create a night flight profiles

Sim Starter makes it a very simple single click to get inflight exactly the way you want it

it take only few minutes to select what you want to load in this profile

(many customers have a daytime profile and night time profile; if not few more customized profiles)

you can select which sceneries to activate; which to keep turned off

and every single parameter you can configure inside FSX controls

as well as advance fsx.cfg entries for a particular profile, and much much more

for those who push allot of elements; they key is to balance your scenery

simply put this tool is amazing with helping you achieve this, Capt. Pero has donated his work for free

highly suggest you integrate it in your tool bag

other than Scenery Config Editor, this is the only tool i use to manage all my FSX settings

so effectively these are the only two tools I use to manage FSX daily

Chris,

Thank you for your very quick response and great suggestion. I am glad to hear that NE is not at fault (I thought it wasn't anyways), that it is poor programming in FSX.

For the Scenery Config Editor, it allows to define groups specific to your NE editions, so you can switch NE on and off by a single mouse click there, too.

Yes and far easier to get to grips with than Simstarter.    I love SceneryConfigEditor :)

these are two different animals though

SceneryConfig Editor is the best; but its only designed to manage sceneries,

SimStarter does so much more; it is a bit intimidating at first;

but the amount of configurations and tweaks you can do from a single interface; nothing comes close!

with one click you can launch a session with a highly customized configs

when you’re done; another click launches a completely different environment in a single click again

The nice thing about SimStarter is it recognizes SceneryConfigurationEditor and you can set up SimStarter to open up SCE prior to a flight to setup your scenery before it continues on into the simulation to load it.

Chris,

As you guys start to produce more states in the US, I am starting to stare at your product more and more to light up my MegaSceneryEarth photo real scenery which has no night lighting at all.   I have one concern that has cropped up over at the LM forums.   They are stating that it is quite possible Tessellation interferes with the blending masks of night lighting software, causing things to not appear correctly.   Do you find this to be the case with NE products?   The only fix the individuals have found to correct the issue is to turn Tessellation completely off which of course destroys your terrain mesh detailing.  This is not an acceptable compromise if this is in fact true.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Ive found myself it is tesselation related yes. I think Saul posted that teaselation problems are unlikely to be fixed before v3 now, but that was some time ago, and who knows if anything has changed, or how far away v3 actually is? K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

that’s is so nice to hear Brian, thank you!

i am following the thread on LM

the issue isn’t with NE here; it is with the way tessellation is currently working

I’ve stated this several time (not to bring down LM because i love them and support their efforts!)

tessellation feature is a bit premature and should be treated as "under development or beta" imo

it is a known fact that it will display some anomalies under certain condition

the nice thing is we have support and the guys will take care of this one pointed out

they have been very good so far addressing the issue we report

if you install NE into FSX, you are essentially using the exact same textures that look slightly different in P3D;

you can now see a differences in how the two engines interpolate the same data; like i said it’s a work in progress for LM

i have full confidence in them; i expect this issue to be resolved in the next update,

(may not be perfect; we need to be patience and allow them the time to address this)