Sign in to follow this  
Guest dansteph

FSPassengers

Guest JTWhite

Just took a look at the FSPassengers web site.... it seemed like a pretty cool idea, until I got to the part about the passenger report after a crash.Now I know everyone wants it as "real" as can be, but am I the only one who thinks the casualty figures are kinda in bad taste??Just wondering.John WhiteNewburgh, IN

I agree. MSFS is a FLIGHT simulator, not an airline disaster simulator. While there have been a few times where I've crashed and morbidly wondered "Geez, how many people bit it on this flight?", I don't think that it's a feature that's really necessary. Your comment did bring one thought to my mind, though. What if this utility turns flight simming into an 'Ender's Game' kind of thing? :-)

Crashing may be considered by some to be in bad taste :-].

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest JTWhite

I know.... that's what happens when I have too much time on my hands at work.Like the other day, I had a fw moments and wondered, "With all his powers, does Superman really need to be buff? Could he be fat and flabby and still be super??"

Well, good thing it is a GAME, NOT real life.... :-roll Who cares what it does or does not simulate. If you like you'll buy it, if not, move on-=MAB=-

Guest JTWhite

Oooh, nothing like t he voice of reason, singing loud and clear.Haven't you heard the old expression ... "just for the sake of argument."

I confess that I have a personal issue with a piece of software that places so much emphasis on screaming passengers ... it's no.2 in their list of features, and is mentioned elsewhere too.Whenever a youngster visits my house and sees my FS, he just wants to fly the fastest plane possible and crash it as hard as possible to see the flames and smoke. I have enough trouble persuading them that there's a little more to it (and life) than that, without having screaming passengers to add to their ghoulish excitement!Shan't be buying it myself, therefore, but good luck to those who do. Horses for courses.MarkEDIT: Trev Morson once suggested that for FS to be made really immersive, it ought to shut down for a week at least if ever you crashed an aircraft. Impractical and unpopular that would be, for sure, but I think it's an interesting idea. That would certainly focus the mind on what our sim is really all about ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

"MSFS is a FLIGHT simulator, not an airline disaster simulator."lolquote of the dayJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Jan Bergwall

OMG!!Are you grown up people? Do you know what you're talking about? Is this the same people complaining about whiners? Have you even checked out the demo or browsed through the manual? Do you think crashing is what the program is all about? You can't be serious.I've been waiting for this software for years, and it's a masterpiece. After release today, I've already done two flights and it's exactly what I've been missing for years in MS Flightsim. Finally there's a purpose with the flights besides the navigation.Not only you can take passengers and freight transports you can make a carrier from GA and up. It has automatic log for every flight and if you're a good pilot you can build up your own airline company. It has a lot of features, almost overwhelming in the beginning. Airliner Pilot is good, but this is superior. Also it's an open environment where you can add a lot of stuff of your own, like images, sounds, maps etc.I must say that I'm surprised over all the negative comments to find in this forum. Shame./Jan B.Just a satisfied customer.

Guest JTWhite

Down, boy, down....When I first saw it mentioned, I too thought, "what a great idea."And, I guess screaming passengers and body counts are a part of flying (although one Im sure the airlines would like to play down.) But, come on. Is it really an aspect of our hobby that we want to include?? Would the software really suffer if that part was left out??We have enough software out there that lists realistic gore and body counts as part of the appeal.Maybe if their casualty list included pictures of all the children, sisters and husbands who perished, if could then be"as real as it gets."How about crying relatives and grief stricken strangers???But, everyone is right. I dont have to buy it.Better yet, just make sure I never crash, eh???

Guest JimC1702

Uh oh, the Avsimmers are ready to rip another new add-on to shreds again. :)I think we're getting too hung up on the crash and death thing. It's just a small part of this program. It's more about following proper procedures, keeping your passengers happy (by providing a smooth flight, food, etc.), making money. It aims to provide an immersive flying experience. I don't have it, I haven't demo'd it, and I have nothing to do with FSPassengers, but it looks like it could be fun and rewarding. I may not buy it, because it's a little more than I'd like to spend on an add-on of this type. I'll be curious to see how user's feel about it after using it awhile.Jim

Guest Edam

I only did one flight with the demo, but it certainly does look like it can be "fun and rewarding." As you said though, "the Avsimmers (Well, the anal-retentive Avsimmers) are ready to rip another new add-on to shreds again."I guarantee you that most of those complaining will try it out though. There IS an option to turn the "screaming passengers" and such off. Heck, if they want to ignore this add-on because of their "holier than thou" attitude, it's their loss.Some people just need to get a grip.

Nicely said Jim!!From what I hear, the program is highly configurable. Can the "Death Count" be turned off?? Edam answered my question

Jan, I strongly agree. Screaming passengers, crashes, death counts... It's about 0,5 % of the features of this really amazing addon. If you fly properly (and that is the whole point of FS Passengers: learning to do it properly) you NEVER hear screaming passengers or a have to count bodies. In real life, that's the penalty for bad piloting also. Well, if people are turned off by an unimportant feature like this, it's their loss. Paul