Sign in to follow this  
Paul K

Alternative YBAS Alice Springs for P3Dv2.5 ?

I've just about given up hope of a triple installer for Orbx's superb Alice Springs, and was wondering if anyone knows of an alternative. It doesn't have to be specifically for P3D - an FSX one will be fine, and I'll use the EMT to install it. Unfortunately, Orbx's FTX Alice can't be migrated across.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I take it you are using the very latest Migration tool?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Hi Cowpatz, yes I've got the latest version of EMT. However, Orbx scenery, with its various object flows and .DLLs ( don't ask me to get too technical  - I haven't a clue ) doesn't migrate across into P3DV2 successfully, and from what I've read on the Orbx forum, those who've tried it have run into all sorts of problems. In fact Orbx strongly recommends that it shouldn't be attempted, and only to use those products that have a P3DV2 installer.  Fair enough - Alice Springs is an FSX product, and it was my choice to start using P3DV2, so I'm stuck.

So, are there any other Alices around ? I was hoping maybe Anthony Lynch might have done one, but unfortunately not.

I got all the non triple installer orbx sceneries like Alice springs to work with p3dv2.5. All the people flow, creature flow, etc appears to be working.

All I did was copied the latest p3d object flow dll and replaced the "old" object flow dll in the sceneries' scenery directory.

Hi Stook, thanks for the reply.

Two questions for you:

1 ) Did installing FSX YBAS into P3Dv2 cause any problems with other Orbx products, or the new FTX Central ?

2 ) You say replace the old object flow dll in YBAS scenery folder - does that mean each  Orbx FTX scenery has its own objectflow.dll ? I ask this because with P3DV2, there is only one objectflow.dll, and its in FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS. The individual scenery folders for P3Dv2 Orbx airports don't have an objectflow.dll in them.

BTW, I've just bought YMML and YSCH in their sale, and I see they've updated Bathurst with a triple installer. Maybe I need to wait a little longer, just in case YBAS is in the update pipeline.

1 ) Did installing FSX YBAS into P3Dv2 cause any problems with other Orbx products, or the new FTX Central ?

I installed FSX YBAS into an empty FSX-SE directory.  I copied all the Orbx files to the P3Dv2.5 directory.  When asked I want to replaced files with the same name, I clicked "no".    With FTX Central 2.0, it recognized FSX YBAS.  I can click on doc/configuration tool inside FTX Central 2.0. Everything seem to work fine.

2 ) You say replace the old object flow dll in YBAS scenery folder - does that mean each  Orbx FTX scenery has its own objectflow.dll ? I ask this because with P3DV2, there is only one objectflow.dll, and its in FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS. The individual scenery folders forP3Dv2 Orbx airports don't have an objectflow.dll in them.

Some Orbx sceneries have objectflow_XXXX.dll in the scenery directory.  XXXX is the airport ICAO.  Off the top of my head, I don't remember if YBAS has one or not.  If it needs one just replace the scenery's objectflow_XXXX.dll with FTX_AU\FTX_ORBXLIBS\objectflow.dll.  Don't forget to rename the p3d's objectflow.dll to objectflow_XXXX.dll after the copy.  This will replace the FSX version.   Also you need to manually add an objectflow entry in the dll.xml.  After this run FTX Central 2.0 and press apply. 

Let me know if you have more questions.

-Jimmy

• Upvote 1

JImmy, thanks very much indeed for your comprehensive and detailed reply - much appreciated. I'm going to give this a try in the next couple of weeks, when I have a bit more time available, as part of reinstalling all my Orbx scenery. I'll let you know how I got on, but in the meantime, thanks again. :smile: