Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

757 Captain Sim vs 757 Quality Wings for Steam Edition?

Hi guys can someone help me with this two aircrafts?

- I own CS 757 (last installer 4.6, buyed as long time ago for FSX) but I can't understand if is it compatible with FSX:SE, I prefer to know if someone has already get it wotking before "harm" my FSX:SE installation. I only have Steam, no FSX boxed installed.

- I was considering to buy also QW 757, does it woth it? Is it compatible with Steam? Is it a bit beter than CS? On the QW site seems to be compatible with FSX:SE, but under specs it's not reported. Again is this 757 less simulated that CS counterpart or are they equivalent? I know we are not at PMDG level, but I only have to save/reload a flight and have a "working" FMC.

Thanks for your feedback

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I own the QW version and sure it is a nice product but it is not that advanced. It will allow you to fly sid/stars, LNAV and VNAV but besides that, the FMC is quite limited.

That said the prodcut delivers what it promises and it doesn't have any major bugs or anything like that, so it is a very mature product.

I don't remember if you can save the FMC/panel status but I think you can.

The sound quality is great though, especially the enginge sound.

I don't own the CS 757 but from what I've read about it, I would say that its more advanced then the QW version.

I own the Qualitywings 757 and have had zero issues with it and FSX:SE.

The Captain Sim 757 is definitely more advanced in the systems department, but personally I have had a number of issues with their products, specifically their 757 and 767. I don't even have their 757 installed anymore. I still use their 767 sometimes, since sadly the Level-D 767 has major compatibility issues with Windows 8.1.  :(

Hello Riccardo:

I used installer 4.6 to install Captain Sim's 757 into Steam, no issues at all.

- Roger

While QW 757 has some simplified systems I think it's pretty superior to CS in terms of flight dynamics. It just feels way better to fly, less default 737 like. Also it has a totally superior soundset, no need to buy TSS or any other custom sound set for QW. I haven't touched the CS 757 since I got QW. 

Thank you so much guys for your replies, I'll try to install CS 757 on FSX:SE.

So, if I well understand, installer 4.6 is quite sufficient, no need to install other patches?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Yes, that is correct, no other patches needed.

- Roger

Guys, I installed it. Seems to works fine, good fps vs FSX boxed. But if I switch ON A/P it gets crazy, I can't follow and HDG (757 keeps rolling left and right and make a tonneau), speed falls down and I get stall.

Are you sure A/P is working fine? Have you tested a complete flight? Maybe I'm missing something, I loaded up a/c and keep flying, but seems too strange......

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo:

I have made several flights and have not had any issues.

- Roger

It's very strange, reading around seems to be an hold issue of CS757, related to IRS align. I try installing either last FSUIPC, but didn't solve the problem. It's impossible to fly. I only made a test flight, without strating from cold and dark.

Do you start from cold and dark?

Riccardo

Ok, I reinstalled (repair) and start from cold and dark, but nothing change. Just till I engage A/P my speed fall down, I got in stall and a/c begin banking left and right.

Hey Roger, are you sure that with the last FSX Steam update you have the a/c works correctly?

Riccardo

Ok, I reinstalled (repair) and start from cold and dark, but nothing change. Just till I engage A/P my speed fall down, I got in stall and a/c begin banking left and right.

Hey Roger, are you sure that with the last FSX Steam update you have the a/c works correctly?

Note, If you use ASN, the CS757/767 has a severe control problem causing the aircraft to do S turns when Turbulence setting in ASN is to high, You need to reduce them, and click off enhance turbulence in ASN's settings. Then it should work properly.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks Tom, I tried your trick but nothing change.

I redownloaded the base packae, installed again, start a little flight from KSEA to CYVR from cold and dark, but as soon as I engage A/P I get this:

I think tere is an incompatibility with CS757 and my FSX:SE, I don't know where.

Riccardo

Thanks Tom, I tried your trick but nothing change.

I redownloaded the base packae, installed again, start a little flight from KSEA to CYVR from cold and dark, but as soon as I engage A/P I get this:

I think tere is an incompatibility with CS757 and my FSX:SE, I don't know where.

I have the CS757 installed on FSX-SE, (Manually since I have a Dual install.) but never took a flight other then just making sure the gauges worked, I'll try a flight and let you know how I make out.

Edit: I've been in the air about a half an hour, took off with heavy rain in a T Storm with high winds and turbulence, and so far no issues. I do have enhanced turbulence off in ASN. Have you checked your joystick calibration? The CS models AP, does not override the controls, so they can conflict if out of calibration. Try increasing the Null zone on the Joystick/yoke/rudder.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tom thanks for your reply.

I tried 757 with and without ASN and nothing change.

What hits joystick calibration? For my joystick I use FSUIPC, but I don't understand what hits joystick with A/P. If I fly manually the 757 works fine, without any issue. The problem begin when I switch on A/P.

If other users report their CS 757 in FSX:SE works fine there is something in my system is conflictiong with this bird.

All others addons works fine, NGX, MD11, Maddog, AIrbus X. It's very strange.

Riccardo