Sign in to follow this  
glenecho3

Trying to remember the name of old addon...

Hi everyone,

I've had a love/hate relationship with FSX for a long time that has resulted in several time periods where it was uninstalled and I tried other things.

New hardware has me to the point where I consider FSX to be finally flyable, however I could still use some help in the usual problem areas like LAX, JFK, EGLL, etc.

I swear I remember there being an addon (I thought it was freeware as well) that would analyze your FPS and take away elements of the surrounding scenery based on how slow your framerate was. For instance, removing airport or autogen scenery if you got below a certain threshold. However I cannot remember the name of this utility for anything.

I have Fiber Frame accelerator but it isn't sufficient for my needs. I really seem to need something that will simply remove the surrounding details until I get, for example, 30 fps. While this isn't necessary in most areas of FSX I would like to have it so that if things get ugly in NYC I can at least still land the plane.

Any ideas? Or am I thinking of an older addon from much further "back in the day". I certainly remember having similar issues on FS2000 so I could accidentally be thinking too far back.

Thanks!

Only thing I can think of that sounds like that is Fiber Accelerator. But that came out pretty recently, and seemed like a mixed bag of results. Some people claimed it made noticeable improvements, others said it made performance worse or caused graphic problems like blurries.  

Never used it, but I recall AlacrityPC from days gone by... but that has nothing to do with in-game settings. I don't think I recall any in-game performance analyzer, considering FSX doesn't really support the on-the-fly changing or removal of scenery settings (without a cumbersome scenery reload).

Lago had a program, for FS9 that did just that. Can't remember the name of the program. 

RobdeVries.jpg

Thanks all...I'm pretty convinced at this point that I'm thinking about something in the pre-FSX and barking up the wrong tree. Probably FS2000 as I remember specifically having a lot of FPS issues with that particular version.

Wow...Lago...there's a name I'd forgotten about. Wonder what happened to them....