Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Saab 340A v1.2 Update Released!

Having just purchased this plane last weekend, I haven't stopped flying it yet except to go to work. Its amazing!  Everything works just as I would expect. I looks fantastic and feel fantastic and the frame rates with it are fabulous!  (something I was worried about)

If you love this plane and want to fly it in a sim, this is the one to get. Its like PMDG quality. The way the checklist takes you to each button to start up the aircraft, blew me away. Outstanding work! I really feel like i'm learning something when I fly this plane. Even opening the cabin door is just as it is in real life.  I can not say enough good things about it, 

My 2 cents

Rob

like The Fonz use to say:  "Exactomundo"   :lol:

Guest Mik75

Hi there! Great update, one of my favourite planes in XPX just got better!

Last night, I updated to 1.3 and wanted to do a short hop. The new mouse wheel support is really great, but I cannot manipulate the Altitude Selector, neither by left clicking, nor by using the mouse wheel. Why is that?

Last night, I updated to 1.3 and wanted to do a short hop. The new mouse wheel support is really great, but I cannot manipulate the Altitude Selector, neither by left clicking, nor by using the mouse wheel. Why is that?

Hmm.. Odd.. It seems to work just fine for me.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Michael, can you please PM me with a Gizmolog.txt file and possibly a screenshot of what you see when trying to manipulate the Altitude Selector.

Hi all, I just have a quick question I cannot seem to find out for certain: is it still the case, with update 1.2, that the option in XPX "start with engines running" is not available for the Saab 340A, being overriden by plugins? If so, I heard there is some kind of "quick start" option instead, making things a little bit quicker at least. I cannot seem to find info on what this is more specifically about, compared to the ordinary start-up procedure?

I'm thinking about buying this beautiful thing, but would to be certain about this first. Of course, to start with engines running, is not the idea of this "study-level" plane, but I just wonder if it still might be possible, in case one just want to get up quickly some day...;)

Regards, ionfresko

Hi all, I just have a quick question I cannot seem to find out for certain: is it still the case, with update 1.2, that the option in XPX "start with engines running" is not available for the Saab 340A, being overriden by plugins? If so, I heard there is some kind of "quick start" option instead, making things a little bit quicker at least. I cannot seem to find info on what this is more specifically about, compared to the ordinary start-up procedure?

I'm thinking about buying this beautiful thing, but would to be certain about this first. Of course, to start with engines running, is not the idea of this "study-level" plane, but I just wonder if it still might be possible, in case one just want to get up quickly some day...;)

Regards, ionfresko

the saab is at version 1.3 now

Regards, ionfresko

Yes that is correct...it has very good manuals, and one of the procedures detailed is the Quick Start...you set it up and dont touch anything, the sim will go through the start process for you, it is very clever. We are planning on reviewing this aircraft soon as part of our review expansion into X-Plane.

Thanks alot guys for swift replies! This sounds really good to me, even better than the ordinary "start with engines," i.e., to be able to watch the start-up procedure.

Thanks alot guys for swift replies! This sounds really good to me, even better than the ordinary "start with engines," i.e., to be able to watch the start-up procedure.

I agree - it's like an autostart and a tutorial combined

The LES Saab is one of the best addons on XP

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |