Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

No EOSID with new LIDO charts

For those who used Navigraph charts you will know they came with a EOSID. But with the new LIDO charts this is non existant now! So what do you guys now do for an engine failure procedure? Climb straight ahead to MSA, Retract at 1000 AGL?

I'm curious in what other NGX pilots are now doing?

Vernon Howells

For those who used Navigraph charts you will know they came with a EOSID. But with the new LIDO charts this is non existant now! So what do you guys now do for an engine failure procedure? Climb straight ahead to MSA, Retract at 1000 AGL?

I'm curious in what other NGX pilots are now doing?

LIDO has EOSIDs wherever applicable.

sig.gif

To me yes, to you probably no. Except for if you work for an airline or, for that matter, LIDO. Furthermore operators may have their own specific EO procedures based on each airport, runway etc. so I'm afraid such data is not available publicly.

sig.gif

Your original proposal, by the way, might be a fairly good guess for a vast majority of airport runways, nevertheless. At least if you don't have complex terrain etc. in the surroundings.

sig.gif

I think i'll stick with climb to MSA and hold over the airport using a navaid. My SOPs that i follow do mention retract at MFRA and climb to MSA. It mentions that in the emergency briefing

Vernon Howells

Where did they get those procedures from?

Hi Vernon,

i have the Navigraph charts and i have the actual LIDOs on my Company EFB. We get the EOSID from our TOPAS as it will be listet for the takeoff rwy when the take off data has been calculated. Usually if tertain is not a factor we climb straight ahead 5000' or MSA or into controlled airspace 25 NM. 

The acceleration altitude (the altitude where you clean up the aircraft -flaps up- and set climb thrust and/or level change)is standard 1500AGL. Caution there are airports that have special EOSIDs like LSZH. Check the AOI for more info if any. If you are not critical in performance and terrain permits you also may follow the SID. Last option would be to follow the missed approach procedure of your take off rwy.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

My SOPs that i follow do mention retract at MFRA and climb to MSA. It mentions that in the emergency briefing

Yeah, but I'm not sure if there is a very easy way to determine MFRA for each takeoff.

Check the AOI for more info if any.

He can't, he doesn't have LIDO. And full names please.

Where did they get those procedures from?

Where did Navigraph get them from, if they apparently supply them?

sig.gif

Yeah, but I'm not sure if there is a very easy way to determine MFRA for each takeoff.

He can't, he doesn't have LIDO. And full names please.

Where did Navigraph get them from, if they apparently supply them?

sig.gif

Uuups i thought he has...

Michael :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg