Sign in to follow this  
revporl

Can't find FSX location when running makerways

Hi,

I have recently purchased FSX-SE and when I used to use FS9 I used RC4.3 without any problem.

I have downloaded and registered RC4 with a new registration key, that worked fine.

I need to run Rebuild Scenery DB first of all but it does not recognise the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX as the location of my FSX file (and it is correct). I get runtime error 75, can't find path.

I have downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC, and that seems to be working.

What can the problem be?

Thanks,

Paul

The makerwys.exe has to reside in the main FSX directory. If RC does not recognize the file, run it manually and copy the required files (after running makerwys) from the FSX main directory into the RC directory. Have a look at the RC folder for the files you would need: f4.csv, r4.csv

Also keep in mind that makerwys produces an extra file that can be used by RC but that is not copied over to the RC folder automatically when running makerwys from within RC.

Also, think about moving your Steam folder out of Program Files (x86) and e.g. directly on C:

Ah, grrrr. Just unistalled and reinstalling RC4 as I thought I had done something wrong with administrator settings when installing it. Actual answer lots quicker than that. Grrrr again!

I'll have to copy them manually, do I copy the runway files over as well as those?

If you manually copy files created by makerwys.exe from your fsx folder copy r5.vsv to your rc data folder as r4.csv. However rc does more than that because it takes the copied r5 to r4 file and creates the a4.csv file from that so the scenery update routine in rc must be executed one way or the other.

You also need the shortcut to rcv4.exe properties set to run as admin. Right click on that shortcut and click properties. Set run as admin on in this first property window. Click Advanced and do the same in this second property window. Click OK to return to the first window and click Apply to save both settings, then OK to exit the properties window.

If I run as admin I get error compomemt 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. a file is missing or invalid.

That means RC is attempting to run. Certain run-time files distributed with earlier Windows systems now have to be downloaded and installed, and registered  using regsrvr32.exe.

http://devonenote.com/2010/02/register-comdlg32-ocx-on-x64-win7/ looks good for download and install instructions. I checked the download with Norton AV and it states it is clean.

For similar problems check out the pinned 713 error topic.

Tip: Do not use an auto-install download as some sites add spam apps during the install. Use the direct usually zip file download if offered.

Note there is also a comdlg32.dll that may be required. Use the same browser search method to find a site.

Sorry, I've downloaded this, added it to the correct directory and registered it, but have the same error message. The .dll file is already in place.

Any suggestions?

You also need to download and install the .ocx file and then register that. I'd also place both files in system32 as well as syswow64.

What Win version are you using?

Have downloaded, installed and registered the .ocx file but still have the same error message, any more suggestions?

Hi,

I have just set up the steam edition with RC and both are working fine.

I have a copy of Makerways within my FSX-Steam folder and have run that,I then ran the RC version for the scenery rebuild and all was fine too.

RC is working well.

Now,I have not installed Steam edition under Program Files - in line with the standard advice for FSX .That appears to be the main difference to your set up.I too am on Win 7 64 bit.