Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

I'm dumping 2.5 and going back to 2.4

Well, 2.5 has been nothing but problems from the start for me.  Constant OOM's.  I can forget about using a PMDG aircraft at any large airport, not to mention a complex addon airport.   My 2.4 install was rock solid for 6 months.....which has just proved again, don't fix what aint broken...

The last version that was trouble free for me was 2.3

Since then performance seems worse, clouds look very poor and the LOD radius seems much smaller.

Waiting on V3 here, at the moment P3D is uninstalled and I am using FSX/DX10 exclusively.

The last version that was trouble free for me was 2.3

Since then performance seems worse, clouds look very poor and the LOD radius seems much smaller.

Waiting on V3 here, at the moment P3D is uninstalled and I am using FSX/DX10 exclusively.

I can't say 2.4 had bad performance.  Everything but poor, within reason.

Well, 2.5 has been nothing but problems from the start for me.  Constant OOM's.  I can forget about using a PMDG aircraft at any large airport, not to mention a complex addon airport.   My 2.4 install was rock solid for 6 months.....which has just proved again, don't fix what aint broken...

You loaded up your P3D installation with FTX, Aerosoft and a complex AI traffic addon (and gawd nose what else you aren't telling us) and the problem is with the sim

Simply learn how to uninstall the addons you don't need, or the ones that drag your VAS into the gutter. As you won't get support for 2.4 if you go backwards, you should perhaps think a bit before making decisions like this. 

Start with a clean slate deinstall/reinstall of 2.5. 

I simply repeated the same profile I had with my previous 2.4 installation.  Although I had the same install configuration, my settings were measurably toned down (minimal AI and scenery detail settings) , with the same unfortunate OOM result  (nothing different in set-up to the 2,4 configuration).  Like for like, the behaviour of 2.5 was not the same as my previous 2.4 installation.    I've not been in the flightsim game for 5 miniutes...

I'm getting lots of OOM with 2.5, specifically with a2a 182 and Comanche. I'm loath to go back to 2.4, but I don't seem to recall having any OOM with it. No Comanche back then, but all else is the same. Thoughts? My sim is pretty lean, not many add one.

I always benchmark my initial performance with a new install based on the highest level of detail I would reasonably expect to use the sim for. If that is satisfactory, everything else will be a doddle. But in this case, it's not that performance was bad.....actually the FPS was quite reasonable with toned down settings, but the sim I didn't manage to last longer than 5 minutes before it OOMd

I just don't understand how so many say they get OOMs with 2.5 unless that have Gigs and Gigs off complex add on scenery, that is choking the program's operation. The only time I got an OOM, ( two of them in a row) was when I installed Orbx Trees. I quickly uninstalled them, and haven't had one since.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310