Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed Khalil

737 NGX not activating

hey everyone,

I know this has been discussed many times before here, but i'm setting up a flight simulator and i'm still facing this problem. Whenever i enter the activation key, i get the message "error, can't connect to activation server. Please make sure you have an internet connection.". i do have internet, and i have tried everything from reinstalling as admin, running as admin, installing the simconnect.msi from the p3d folder. I've browsed through the forums trying many solutions, such as allowing port 8888, entering the activation codes in different formats, reinstalled everything including p3d and no luck.

Im running p3d version 2.5, windows 7, and all pmdg addons are legit. If anyone has figured this out, help is immensely appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Im running p3d version 2.5, windows 7, and all pmdg addons are legit. If anyone has figured this out, help is immensely appreciated.

Submit a ticket at the link in my signature. There's a checklist of items that we can run you through to figure it out. Cannot connect to the activation server is definitely a network problem, though, so installing/uninstalling/admin-privs and so on are all a waste of time. I'm at the day job, so I don't have access to that list of things to try at the moment (but submitting a ticket will remind me to send it to you later - the support system requires its own account, if you haven't created one there yet).

In my experience, most of the time this is caused by something is blocking your access to port 8888, either on your machine, your network firewall (not the windows one, but the one on your router in your house), or on the ISP level.