Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 HF4 (12946) working well with ASN, Orbx, Virtuali, MyTraffic6 ...

I was wondering perhaps this SimConnect_weatherRequestCloudState  has something to do with popcorn clouds, but I guess it does not.

I don't get popcorn clouds with the latest ASN build (B5655)  ... if you're using ASN, I'd recommend you uncheck "Force BKN to 7/8ths". 

6a2078166484c262fafc5e495af4d5f2.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

I don't get popcorn clouds with the latest ASN build (B5655)  ... if you're using ASN, I'd recommend you uncheck "Force BKN to 7/8ths". 

6a2078166484c262fafc5e495af4d5f2.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Rob - that's an excellent tip... thanks a million!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I was wondering perhaps this SimConnect_weatherRequestCloudState  has something to do with popcorn clouds, but I guess it does not.

Does anyone know what exactly this will do? By looking at the name it's easy to guess it's related to clouds in some way but would be nice to know in a little bit more detail.

I will soon do a complete reinstallation of P3D and I'm on the fence if I should go with the latest version (12946) or the previous one (12945) which I already know is working good.

Richard Åsberg

By looking at the name it's easy to guess it's related to clouds in some way but would be nice to know in a little bit more detail.

I believe it will add Kettle to the popcorn :)

Sorry couldn't resist ... here is what it does per SDK:

SimConnect_WeatherRequestCloudState
The SimConnect_WeatherRequestCloudState function requests cloud density information on a given area.

Syntax
HRESULT SimConnect_WeatherRequestCloudState(
HANDLE hSimConnect,
SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_ID RequestID,
float minLat,
float minLon,
float minAlt,
float maxLat,
float maxLon,
float maxAlt,
DWORD dwFlags = 0
);
Parameters
hSimConnect
[in] Handle to a SimConnect object.
RequestID
[in] Specifies the client-defined request ID.
minLat
[in] Specifies the minimum latitude of the required area. This should simply be the lower of the two latitude numbers.
minLon
[in] Specifies the minimum longitude of the required area. This should simply be the lower of the two longitude numbers.
minAlt
[in] Specifies the minimum altitude of the required area, in feet.
maxLat
[in] Specifies the maximum latitude of the required area.
maxLon
[in] Specifies the maximum longitude of the required area.
maxAlt
[in] Specifies the maximum altitude of the required area, in feet.
dwFlags
[in, optional] Double word containing any flags. Reserved for future use.
Return Values
The function returns an HRESULT. Possible values include, but are not limited to, those in the following table.
Return value Description
S_OK The function succeeded.
E_FAIL The function failed.
Return value Description
S_OK The function succeeded.
E_FAIL The function failed.

I'd suggest this is primarily used for weather radar info.

Cheers, Rob.

:smile:

Thanks Rob, think I'll stay with 129.45 until there's a new major version released.

Richard Åsberg