Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

Need Help with WideFs Installation

I have been using RC4.3 for a very long time with FS2004.

I built a new PC to run both FS2004 and Prepar3D 2.5

Since I am trying to maximize FPS I am looking to run as much as I can do via WideFs on my older PC.

I have already installed MakeRunways in both FS2004 and P3D.

I have the latest FSUIPC versions for both FS2004 and Prepar3d installed and operating fine.

I am able to connect in the Client PC with both FS2004 and Prepar3d via WideFs.

What do I have to do next? 

Thanks

Follow the instructions in this thread. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439650-adding-fsx-already-have-fs2004/?view=findpost&p=2968170&hl=%2Bdual

Just substitute FSX for P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray, I have already figured out that I need to separate installations, one for FS2004 and o forPrepar3d. My questions are probably more basic in nature.

My current RC4.3 installation is on the same PC as the FS2004 program.

Now I have installed a new Fs2004 and a new Prepar3d 2.5 in another PC.

I see when I run Wide FS on the RC machine I am able to connect to both sims as it reads "connected in the WideFS sreen.

My question is how do I display the RC comunications window in both FS 2004 and Prepar3d .server machine

Thanks

Rather than display the RC comms window in your FS PC why not use ShowText on the client?

You can get it here. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray, that is a good idea.

My question is where in RC4.3 I input the address of the FS computer to be able to communicate  with it.

What do I have to include in the path?

There's an option to Update Database. Choose that. You'll be asked if it's a WideFS install. Choose Yes.

You'll then be prompted to supply the path to the root FS2004 / P3D folder. Those folders should already be shared.

Enter the computer name followed by \ followed by the shared folder name. For example my FSX root folder on a computer named FLYING is \\flying\fsx

You'll then see an instruction to run MakeRunways on the relevant PC and press OK when it's finished. Pressing OK will copy and rename relevant files to the computer running RC4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok, I was able to create the database. I had to add a couple of lines to the WinClient.Ini:

The server name ServerName= xxxxxxxx

Protocol=TCP

I started the FS in the FS server machine.

I open wide FS and connected

I open Radar Contact in the Client PC

I loaded a flight plan and press Start RC.

The plane on the FS Sever moved to the correct airport.

Then the Radar Contact small menu opened in the FS Server.

I press 2 for ATIS and got the atis message.

that is the only option I can hear.

If I select to be cleared by GND option 1.

the menu changed to 

option 7 to acknowledge but no message.

What could be happening?

Also why is the option menu window showing up in the server and not in the client. How can I change that.

My other question is how can I download a fresh copy to install the version that will comunixate with Prepar3d? The site only have the option after paying. I already have my serial number. 

Thanks

Juan

Ok, I was able to create the database. I had to add a couple of lines to the WinClient.Ini:

The server name ServerName= xxxxxxxx

Protocol=TCP

Good, you have it working now, one piece of advice would be to use the servers name rather than the IP address especially if your IP addresses are prone to changing due to DHCP

Also why is the option menu window showing up in the server and not in the client. How can I change that.

To get the RC text to display on the client download Showtext from the FSuipc forum, run this o the client and you will have a nice window with customisable fonts/colours ect

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs

Then you can turn off the window on the server machine with Fsuipc's window options. much better

My other question is how can I download a fresh copy to install the version that will comunixate with Prepar3d? The site only have the option after paying. I already have my serial number.

All you need to do is make a copy of your RC4 directory and rename it RC4 P3D then create an icon on the desktop to launch that copy of RC4, you will also need MakeRwys in your P3D root directory.

Run MakeRwys in your P3D root folder to create the data files then run the P3D RC4 and point the rebuild process to your P3D directory just as you did for FSX

RC4 does not need to be reinstalled for P3D usage

If I select to be cleared by GND option 1.

the menu changed to option 7 to acknowledge but no message.

What could be happening?

Did you tune your Com1 radio to the frequency Ground was transmitting on ?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/272752-fsuipc-widefs-showtext-settings-for-rc-43/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yeterday, I was able to create the new directory for Radar Contact and Prepar3d. Now I have both versions communicating with FS2004 and Prepar3D. 

I also downloaded and installed Showtext in the Client machine and I connected it via Wide FS. It works on both versions.

I have still a few questions

1. I see the Radar Contact menu both in the server (FS machine ) and also in the Showtext window on the Client PC where RC4.3s installed. 

2. The ATC voice comes to the speakers connected to the Client machine.

3. To reply to the ATC menu options (Obtain ATIS, Contact Ground, etc) I have to use the keyboard in the FS machine (Server) (which is very convenient)

Is that the way it supposed to work? Is there a way not to show RC4.3 ATC window in the FS server? is that taking processing power from the FS server?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards,

Juan

1. I see the Radar Contact menu both in the server (FS machine ) and also in the Showtext window on the Client PC where RC4.3s installed.

You can turn off the menu on the server from within Fsuipc, ray referenced the post containing instructions a couple of posts back.

2. The ATC voice comes to the speakers connected to the Client machine.

I run a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio lead from the line out on the client into the line in on the server, then you will hear RC4 on the server machine.

3. To reply to the ATC menu options (Obtain ATIS, Contact Ground, etc) I have to use the keyboard in the FS machine (Server) (which is very convenient)

Yes WideFS will pass the keys across to the client where RC4 is running, just turn off the window on the server as you have been instructed here

Question : Do you actually read any of the help myself and Ray provide ?

Hello Glynn, Thanks for your reply. Of course I read the information you are sending me. It would have been virtually impossible for me to get this far without yours and Ray's help.

I did miss the reference that Ray sent me on the display issue, I went back and found it. 

I also have to say that in all my years using flight simulators, you guys are the very best in terms of being receptive,helpful, and also patient.

Thanks again

Juan