Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Megascenery/Orbx combo?

Hi all-

Here's what I'd like to do...

I'm a photo scenery guy, but like ORBX airports. Some, but not all, ORBX airports require regions.

Now, is it possible to somehow get ORBX airports to work with Megascenery in some way?

Adjusting the layers something like this (bottom up)?

ORBX region > Megascenery > ORBX airport? I have not tried this but have only wondered.

Thanks,

Mark

You'd probably get better answers over at Orbx but I know that some of the airports work fine without the regions.  I'd think it would work for those.  But ask at Orbx to get a better answer.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Many of them work when installed on top of your photoscenery. Orcas Island for example does, but for some reason, Monterey has major elevation issues

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Many of them work when installed on top of your photoscenery. Orcas Island for example does, but for some reason, Monterey has major elevation issues

Even with the Northern CA region installed underneath?

You'd probably get better answers over at Orbx but I know that some of the airports work fine without the regions.  I'd think it would work for those.  But ask at Orbx to get a better answer.

I'm thinkin' that they're not inclined to help when another vendor's work is involved. Thought I would check here first to see if anyone has successfully done this. 

I'm on vacation right now but will be home on Sunday. I may create a disk backup and give it a shot sometime next week if I don't hear from somebody here first.

Even with the Northern CA region installed underneath?

This I don't know, because I don't have that region, I only have FTX Global installed, as I mostly use Blueskyscenery, when flying in California. You may have to give it a shot

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

This I don't know, because I don't have that region, I only have FTX Global installed, as I mostly use Blueskyscenery, when flying in California. You may have to give it a shot

I suspect you might also be missing trees around the city then too.  Monterey uses custom trees that are contained within the NCA region install.  I know because I was missing trees myself and they told me to reinstall NCA to fix it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You are right, Gregg, I do

I'm fine sans trees and autogen as well, which is why I run photoscenery

I'm looking just to get just the airport.

I too enjoy the ORBX airport, and run photoscenery when I can and when that scenery is presentable.  I'm not too fond of the Megascenery Central California---too bland and bleached.  But a little farther north to the next ORBX airport San Carlos I use SF Ultra Res which is much better. San Carlos shows off fine and with its surroundings as well.

Sedona and Palm Springs airports are good examples of ORBX with Megascenery.  Nice to have some vertical relief when you're on final approach!

JOHN

It works as long as they are in the right order.  You have all the custom placed trees and buildings/objects.  But you'll lose all the autogen buildings/trees.